Question about Profiles /Schedules

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure this is a rookie issue but I have read the documentation and googled the heck out this but with no luck. I think I understand how to use both features, I have set up a day / night schedule and profile but what I can't figure out is how to make it automatically switch from day to night. I want the triggers to be more sensitive at night vs. the day, I have the cameras set up to do different things days vs. night and the "schedule" changes over ( on the main screen) automatically but the only way I can go from Profile 1 (day) to Profile 2 (night) is if I manually change it? What do I need to do to automate this? TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure this is a rookie issue but I have read the documentation and googled the heck out this but with no luck. I think I understand how to use both features, I have set up a day / night schedule and profile but what I can't figure out is how to make it automatically switch from day to night. I want the triggers to be more sensitive at night vs. the day, I have the cameras set up to do different things days vs. night and the "schedule" changes over ( on the main screen) automatically but the only way I can go from Profile 1 (day) to Profile 2 (night) is if I manually change it? What do I need to do to automate this? TIA
You rarely need a separate schedule. Delete everything and simply use two profiles and have the switch based on the global scheduled tab. The changes can be set to occur relative to sunrise and sunset so you dont have to keep changing it during the year.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You rarely need a separate schedule. Delete everything and simply use two profiles and have the switch based on the global scheduled tab. The changes can be set to occur relative to sunrise and sunset so you don't have to keep changing it during the year.
Ok Thanks. Just to be clear, sorry for whatever reason this is really kickin my A$$. Bring it all back to default. make a day/night profile and make whatever changes I want to triggers, alerts, etc. Go to the main settings window, select Schedule tab, click enable, change it to night profile, draw the time, select Relative to sunrise/sunset, save it and then it will do it all automatically?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks. Just to be clear, sorry for whatever reason this is really kickin my A$$. Bring it all back to default. make a day/night profile and make whatever changes I want to triggers, alerts, etc. Go to the main settings window, select Schedule tab, click enable, change it to night profile, draw the time, select Relative to sunrise/sunset, save it and then it will do it all automatically?
exactly

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Does this apply to camera settings as well? I have a camera inside on my first floor that, for the picture to be as it should, requires different settings for day and night for exposure, shutter, etc.

The only setting I can see on the camera is to make day and night profiles and then set a schedule, but sunrise/sunset and when lights are on in the house is a constantly moving target. Can the profile it chooses be based off of something else and is this something controllable in BI? Lorex 2k IP cam, don't have access to model number right now.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just FYI I tried this and it did not work for me. Very possible I did wrong, need to re look what I did. I want it to change from day to night automatically, this is still not happening? I can do it manually and the cameras adjust as I want, what happens for me is I have to change it to "night' then in the morning it changes back to "day" which is normal since it only holds the change for 8 hours, anyway I don't want to have to click anything I just want it to go back and forth on its own..