Question about resetting Honeywell cameras

mamunami

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone!

I have these Honeywell bullet camera. Three of them worked like a charm. I was able to set static ip and add them to blue iris.

The next three keep showing login overtime or account locked errors. I opened one up to do a reset like the matrix bullet cameras but cannot find the reset button.

I've learned everything I know from you all so figured I post.

Any ideas? I'll attach the pics. Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello everyone!

I have these Honeywell bullet camera. Three of them worked like a charm. I was able to set static ip and add them to blue iris.

The next three keep showing login overtime or account locked errors. I opened one up to do a reset like the matrix bullet cameras but cannot find the reset button.

I've learned everything I know from you all so figured I post.

Any ideas? I'll attach the pics. Thank you all in advance.
That is a dahua camera. See ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki might be next to the IR led.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for this!

How do I "short" there are two pointed pins in that reset apparatus. Does that mean I fold a pweclip and keep a "connection" between the two while the unit resets?
Yes. It's best to 'hold' the reset while you apply power to the camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for this!

How do I "short" there are two pointed pins in that reset apparatus. Does that mean I fold a pweclip and keep a "connection" between the two while the unit resets?
Yes, with power on, being VERY careful to allow the opened-up clip to touch ONLY those 2 points.
If it does not appear to work, there may be some conformal coating on the board covering the 2 points: REMOVE POWER, and then with a small, finely pointed knife very gently scrape the shiny part of the 2 points..again GENTLY.
Then power up and try shorting the 2 points again.