Question, Black Friday deals, but not sure where to post.

Neilb75

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question/feedback request. I am still looking through the resource guide but I know Black Friday deals are upon us. I am looking for a surveillance system for my 10K foot warehouse. I am not looking for anything crazy, I just want cameras inside and out side of the building. Came across what seems like a decent basic setup for my needs but wanted feedback from the pro's here on IPcamtalk...! Lorex is running what seems like a good deal for Black Friday. ( 4K Ultra HD IP 16-Channel NVR System with 10 Outdoor 4K (8MP) IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 3TB Hard Drive, Smart Motion Detection and Smart Home Voice Control ). What is the general feedback on this? Good, bad and ugly. Thanks guys! Off to read some more!

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I personally like lorex NVR and cams,

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I would read up before buying.

Not certain on the specs on those cameras but generally speaking 4K isn’t very good in low light. Also those are fixed focus nit adjustable. Doubtful each location will require the same focal point.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question/feedback request. I am still looking through the resource guide but I know Black Friday deals are upon us. I am looking for a surveillance system for my 10K foot warehouse. I am not looking for anything crazy, I just want cameras inside and out side of the building. Came across what seems like a decent basic setup for my needs but wanted feedback from the pro's here on IPcamtalk...! Lorex is running what seems like a good deal for Black Friday. ( 4K Ultra HD IP 16-Channel NVR System with 10 Outdoor 4K (8MP) IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 3TB Hard Drive, Smart Motion Detection and Smart Home Voice Control ). What is the general feedback on this? Good, bad and ugly. Thanks guys! Off to read some more!
Hi @Neilb75

From the camera's spec sheet:
"Image Sensor 4K (8MP) 1/1.8” CMOS"

That's good news as it is a newer and larger sensor. Dahua OEM - looks like with some "AI" features and no IVS. We should have some reviews by members on the Dahua OEM International model which appears to be related however it has IVS features. Look for reviews and 8MP AI ...

Remember to decide if you also need junction boxes, as this will be a good time for a discount on those.

Definitely take a little bit of time to determine what sort of functionality you want from a security camera system.

magjistari

n3wb
Reaction score
I was actually looking at the same thing as OP the one with 16 cams 8mp 4k 30fps, at about $2999 as they have 25% off for black friday but now they are out of stock. Im looking for a surveillance system with comparable specs for business. Any suggestions? Thank you, Luke.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was actually looking at the same thing as OP the one with 16 cams 8mp 4k 30fps, at about $2999 as they have 25% off for black friday but now they are out of stock. Im looking for a surveillance system with comparable specs for business. Any suggestions? Thank you, Luke.
I'd check what Montavue has available... don't recall if Costco carries many kits will larger number of cameras

magjistari

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Mat. Looked at montavue and found smth similar at $3230. I was just wondering since montavue and lorex etc are dahua products, where should i best buy a set like this. I see some on aliexpress.... maybe?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Mat. Looked at montavue and found smth similar at $3230. I was just wondering since montavue and lorex etc are dahua products, where should i best buy a set like this. I see some on aliexpress.... maybe?
Hi @magjistari

Aliexpress is loaded with Chinese market cameras which have hacked firmware for English.. I highly recommend using caution going that route. If you want to check out Andy ( empiretecandy here ) - he has a Aliexpress and Amazon store and sells quality goods. ( see the vendor section here ).

Otherwise, Montavue is a US based vendor which has good Dahua OEM products.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

magjistari

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this 16 Camera Ultra HD 4K NVR Commercial/Residential Surveillance System with 8 4K AI Bullet Cameras and 4 4K AI Vandal Proof Dome Cameras – Color Night Vision, 200ft IR, 4K @ 30fps, H.265 – Montavue MTIP1216384KBP44KDP-AI | Montavue
vs this 4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 16 4K 8MP Audio Dome Cameras, 250FT Night Vision
None of them records 30fps at 4k resolution. Its meant for a bar/restaurant surveillance system. At over 90 degree view, I dont think I will need more than 12 cameras. Preferably I would use dome cameras not bullet, as most of the installations are at about 10 feet height. I dont know whats the major difference in hardware between the two, since bullet seem to give a little more room to the assembly.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this 16 Camera Ultra HD 4K NVR Commercial/Residential Surveillance System with 8 4K AI Bullet Cameras and 4 4K AI Vandal Proof Dome Cameras – Color Night Vision, 200ft IR, 4K @ 30fps, H.265 – Montavue MTIP1216384KBP44KDP-AI | Montavue
vs this 4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 16 4K 8MP Audio Dome Cameras, 250FT Night Vision
None of them records 30fps at 4k resolution. Its meant for a bar/restaurant surveillance system. At over 90 degree view, I dont think I will need more than 12 cameras. Preferably I would use dome cameras not bullet, as most of the installations are at about 10 feet height. I dont know whats the major difference in hardware between the two, since bullet seem to give a little more room to the assembly.
Hi magjistari

The montavue kit has newer models of cameras and AI + IVS features ( Dahua OEM term ) compared to the Lorex kit.

Montavue should have also kits with the 8K domes if you want those for indoors. Outdoors I would avoid dome models as they are more troublesome over time.