quick question

Mikeee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
By using blue iris does it allow me to use different camera manufactures. I have a mix and find motion detection and or line crossing does not work. example dahua nvr with hikvision cameras. Does blue iris accomplish this better than an NVR. I know it can be done with deepstack but does it work without deepstack?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Mikeee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Tony i know it's a dumb question but don't want to switch and not have the mix match all work together

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony i know it's a dumb question but don't want to switch and not have the mix match all work together
Hi @Mikeee

Not a dumb question.

General rule:
Blue Iris ( and other 3rd party VMS software ) general work well with IP cameras which meet standards like RTSP, ONVIF ..
( many members mix and match Hikvision OEM, Dahua OEM, and other OEMs on Blue Iris .. )

For NVRs / camera best to pair it with the appropriate same OEM as well as the same "tier" of functionality.
( "smart" features .. "ai" features ... )

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris is great and works with probably more camera brands than most VMS programs, but there are brands that don't work well or not at all - Rings, Arlos, Nest, some Zmodo cams use proprietary systems and cannot be used with Blue Iris, and for a lot of people Reolink doesn't work well either. Most cloud-based cameras will not work either.