Quick review: Hikvision DS-7108N-SN

cybermaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
can someone share 3.0.19? thanks
I have the 19 from the Chinese website, but remember, it is not made English. If you do a full factory reset, your interface would go Chinese
And why would you want 19 anyway, if you are OK with running the risk if reverting to chinese, you may as well go to 21?

Last edited:

hanggaw

n3wb
Reaction score
It is working for me on a non-HikVision camera, using OnVif driver. (a XM camera)
I just connected a Dahua IPcam using Onvif. I'm able to get a live feed but I still get the same "operation failed or no permission error" though.
What version is your NVR firmware?

hanggaw

n3wb
Reaction score
I also found another odd error. When I go into the PTZ settings on the NVR, I get an "error: network is disconnected or abnormal" message on all the cameras connected. The problems are probably related but I haven't been able to find a way around it yet though.

cybermaus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That "abnormal" sounded familiar, but not for me: go to first page and search for post by user epcjay.

If you have the same, you may have forgot to tell us you use the web-page for NVR control. I advise to do it directly with the PC client or the android client. I would not trust the web-broswer control for anything, never have, but especially not now that ActiveX and IE are no longer properly supported.

Anyway, I have 3.0.21.

hanggaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I did use an IE browser. Same errors with firefox.
I had more time with it today and used the NVR with video output connected to a monitor.
There were no PTZ controls at all so I guess it's just not supported with the 3.0.13 firmware.
I tried to update the firmware but it won't take the files from the previous posts.
My model is DS-7108NI-SN. I guess that's were the problem is from.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I did use an IE browser. Same errors with firefox.
I had more time with it today and used the NVR with video output connected to a monitor.
There were no PTZ controls at all so I guess it's just not supported with the 3.0.13 firmware.
I tried to update the firmware but it won't take the files from the previous posts.
My model is DS-7108NI-SN. I guess that's were the problem is from.
Looking for some help on my DS-7104NI-SN. Using V3.0.13 154029 and I believe it is multi language on region "RR - OTHER" device.

What will the updates provided that I don't have now?

Will the update allow email test capability? It does not work now.

The 13 FW does not have those options on menu.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi! I ordered a NVR from aliexpress... DS-7104N-SN/C and came with firmware version V3.0.13 150503 and everything works with exception PTZ on my cameras. So, this model its SN/C not SN/P... can i try updates posted in this thread? Will work?
Thanks in advance!

xerox89

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day! I have this DVR ( DS-7108N- SN/P_ with firmware 3.0.10 and 7 cameras DS-2CD3145F-IS with firmware V.5.3.6, but the firmware does not support Chinese cameras (language version dismatch), where I can get the original new firmware for the Chinese DVR that would work with Chinese cameras and support the service P2P - Ezviz ? sorry for my english.

Chekicc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just want to thank you all! I was in a huge problem. Didnt know how to connect my NVR DS-7108N-SN to see video remotely over p2p app.
Couldnt find firmware for it on officiall HIK vision web sites and finally found it here (V3.0.21) and downloaded it from this thread and it works perfect!
Now in NVR configuration there is option 'Platform Access' (was not in earlier firmware) and I am able to connect it now via iVMS - 4500. (just changed server to dev.ezviz7.com in "platform access")
I am so happy now because I was whole sunday spent trying to find some info and make it function.
Thank you again! Cheers