Quicksync causing issues with Alerts

Sev

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally got quick sync working on my virtual machine, but now I'm seeing an issue where even if the motion gets captured, If i try to play it back in the web interface, it's playin, what seems like, the wrong time stamp.

E.g. I'll test the camera by walking out onto my driveway, I'll go back to look at the alert, and it'll show in the preview the correct footage, however if I click the video to view it full screen, i see footage from before the motion event. I know this because 1) my garage door isnt open and 2) i can still see leaves rustling in the video so it is actually playing back something

I notice that if i run BI as a service and close the console and close the web ui, this is when it happens. The CPU percentage drops to 3-4% and motion doesnt seem to get picked up correctly.

I'm running BI with 7 4 mp reolink 410's. Previously on a different VM with software encoding, all of this worked fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got quick sync working on my virtual machine, but now I'm seeing an issue where even if the motion gets captured, If i try to play it back in the web interface, it's playin, what seems like, the wrong time stamp.

E.g. I'll test the camera by walking out onto my driveway, I'll go back to look at the alert, and it'll show in the preview the correct footage, however if I click the video to view it full screen, i see footage from before the motion event. I know this because 1) my garage door isnt open and 2) i can still see leaves rustling in the video so it is actually playing back something

I notice that if i run BI as a service and close the console and close the web ui, this is when it happens. The CPU percentage drops to 3-4% and motion doesnt seem to get picked up correctly.

I'm running BI with 7 4 mp reolink 410's. Previously on a different VM with software encoding, all of this worked fine.
The motion not being picked up correctly is due selecting limit decoding.

Sev

n3wb
Reaction score
it is being picked up. I can see if it I browse clips. What happens when i click ont he alert is it jumps around. I dont think it's picking up the correct time stamp. I can even see the time stamp in the video jumping around randomly