R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

puppenau

n3wb
Reaction score
Can somebody make new video guide for this. Please. Its look went old. my windows 10 look lot of different thinks.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have succesfully upgraded chinese models thanks to this post. Last time i have succesfully upgraded a 2032f-iw bullet. Somehow, 3 days ago, while trying to upgrade a 2432 cn cube,i have transferred the mtd6ro_orig etc files of the 2032 bullet camera to the cube. As you would guess, now the cube is installed 5.2.5 but it shows as 2032f-iw, which results in not working Mic, pir detection etc.
Is there a way to fix this so i can still make use of pir and mic ? I have another cube with 5.2.5 . would it be fixed, if i transferred this same camera files to the damaged cube.
1 cube i will use at my work, other at home , so i think the fact that serial numbers are the same, shouldnt matter? Thanks for your advise

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have succesfully upgraded chinese models thanks to this post.
That's good.

Last time i have succesfully upgraded a 2032f-iw bullet.
That's also good.

Somehow, 3 days ago, while trying to upgrade a 2432 cn cube,i have transferred the mtd6ro_orig etc files of the 2032 bullet camera to the cube
And that's not so good ...

I have another cube with 5.2.5 . would it be fixed, if i transferred this same camera files to the damaged cube.
Not unless you also fixed up the MAC address so it wasn't a duplicate that would mess up the networking if they were both active on the same LAN.

On the assumption that the cube is a DS-2CD2532F-IWS , attached is an mtd6ro_mod from one of several I fixed up and re-sold on eBay a few weeks back.
I don't suppose the changed serial number will bother you!

Attachments

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson, Thank you very much again for the fast reply.
The cube is ds-2cd2432fwd-iw ... the file you have sent is for a mini dome. could you attach the right file?
They wont operate on the same LAN, so it wont be an issue i think.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The cube is ds-2cd2432fwd-iw ... the file you have sent is for a mini dome. could you attach the right file?
Dohh... sorry, my mistake, I was not paying attention.
Probably thinking about the OYN-X hack I'm just doing.

I don't have the FWD variant of that model, sorry, but maybe the file attached might be better than what you have.
DS-2CD2432F-IW

Attachments

buzzdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi alastairstevenson, Just wanted to say thankyou for this. I have successfully updated one of my seven cams, using your method. (though it took me a couple of attempts) When I purchased these, they did come with a warning that they should not be updated, so this process have been of great use.
Again.... thankyou.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a DS-2CD3332-I sitting in a box for a while, originally bought from eBay a few years back. Got it hooked up today and all was good, but then I did a restart from its web interface and its never come up again!

SADP can no longer find it,.. the address I was using before the restart no longer responds. Have disconnected power and reconnected,.. have also waited a while before bringing back on and the same.

From the PoE switch, it would appear as though its getting power,.. also looks like there's some network activity but nothing is helping.

The serial number has CCCH in it, not sure if I was reading here or elsewhere where that might indicate it was a Chinese unit?

Before I restarted had saved its details from SADP, it was/is running V5.2.0build 140721,.. however the box specifies V5.1.6. There was sticker on it, but its up under the eaves at the moment.

Is this guide still applicable to trying to get this unit resurrected ?

If so,... is there any recommended firmware I should be trying to use on it ?

Its currently connected outside,.. if this thread is applicable, am I able to perform the tasks while leaving it where it is? or should I get it off there ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim.....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
then I did a restart from its web interface and its never come up again!
Not good - and odd.
From the PoE switch, it would appear as though its getting power,.. also looks like there's some network activity but nothing is helping.
So not totally dead then. But the network activity could be broadcasts from other devices on the network.

The serial number has CCCH in it, not sure if I was reading here or elsewhere where that might indicate it was a Chinese unit?
Yes, that's an indication it's a Chine region device.

Before I restarted had saved its details from SADP, it was/is running V5.2.0build 140721,.. however the box specifies V5.1.6
That's old firmware that will have the 'Hikvision backdoor' vulnerability. And will have UPnP enabled by default.

Is this guide still applicable to trying to get this unit resurrected ?
Quite likely - though it does depend on the cause of the problem.
There are various possibilities.
If the cable was self-terminated, that could be a cause if it's wired wrongly or a bad connection.
If the external cable joint was not fully sealed, moisture ingression / corrosion, especially with PoE, could be a cause.
Presumably you've tried other PoE ports, maybe even another PoE source.
Also possible - if your router has UPnP enabled - is that the camera has been hacked, though that usually results in a password change rather than something more malicious.

Generally, a 'bricked' DS-2CD3332-I will still show up on SADP with a firmware version of 4.0.8 which indicates it's running in the 'min-system recovery mode' so lack of visibility on SADP isn't a good sign.
However - if the camera still puts out the probe for the tftp updater on power up, it should be recoverable, though the handshake with the tftp updater is less reliable when using a PoE connection.

Suggestion for a first test:
Install the Hikvision tftp updater tool - TFTPServ
Drop a copy of the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' firmware into the same folder - from the second dropbox link here : Custom Firmware Downgrader 5.3.0 Chinese to 5.2.5 English
Disconnect the camera ethernet cable from the PoE switch.
With the PC wired, not on WiFi, set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128 , start the tftp updater, allow the firewall request.
Re-connect the camera ethernet cable to the PoE switch.
Watch for status messages in the tftp updater window.

With any luck you will see some activity, maybe even 'system update completed'.
If you do - then the full brickfixV2 method can be followed to convert the camera to EN and fully update the firmware to a version that does not have the Hikvision backdoor vulnerability.

Good luck!

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply alastairstevenson,... am about to try your first test suggestion.

Some extra strangeness, coz I didn't have enough of it before,... just reconnected it and viola it came up,... restarted from the web interface and its gone again.

And yes, cables and different PoE ports and actually a different power block shows the same behaviour,.. where a different camera works on the same cable end point.

EDIT: Success. "System update completed",.. so now I can follow brickfixV2 ?

EDIT2: Does that brickfixV2 method also apply to DS-2CD3332-I model that I have ?

EDIT3: Looked more closely at it looks like it does apply,.. there's even a video,.. my bad :(

EDIT4: Just collecting all the bits,.. Not sure which firmware file to use with the DS-2CD3332-1 ??

Last edited:

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No,... not seen in SADP,... last known address not responding,.. nothing from 192.0.0.64 while my PC was 192.0.0.128

Haven't done any of the brickfixV2 yet. Just your suggestions with the "first test".

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
not seen in SADP,
OK, so you had a 'System update completed' using the tftp updater to update with the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader', but still not seen in SADP?
That's a bit odd.
And no ping reply from 192.0.0.64 when the PC was using 192.0.0.128
I don't recall if that firmware version has the current default IP address of 192.168.1.64 - but worth checking is if there is a ping response from that when the PC is in the 192.168.1.x address range.

I recall some time ago there were unconfirmed rumours of an SADP version that ignored China region cameras. It seemed a plausible ploy by Hikvision.
What's the version of SADP?
This version may be worth updating with : SADP Tool
Also, the Batch Configuration Tool has a search facility, and can be useful too : Batch Config Tool

Haven't done any of the brickfixV2 yet. Just your suggestions with the "first test".
Maybe best to figure out the current oddities first - though with the tftp updater apparently working, it should be OK.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was using SADP v2.2.1.100 Build20140710,.. have now updated this and its now picked up.

It says its running 'software v4.0.8build 140610' ( 'min-system recovery mode' ?) and that it has 192.0.0.64,... and it is responding to pings when my PC is 192.0.0.128 (was pretty sure this wasn't the case late last night).

I can't flip it to DHCP.

EDIT:
- Looks like I can change its address manually with SADP.
- I get nothing when I point a browser to it.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
- I get nothing when I point a browser to it.
That's normal when running in 'min-system recovery mode'. No web services.

The device is ripe for an in-situ brickfixV2 activity.
You will be able to use the 5.4.5 firmware for the update target in Stage 3 of the method.
Find it in the download list here : R0 series DS-2CD2x32x-Ixx IP camera firmware

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the 2CD2x32x firmware is ok on the 2CD3332-I device ?

I've also noticed that when I power cycle it, it doesn't come up, i.e. not discovered by SADP, nor does it respond to ping - have read elsewhere of this also happening and if I leave it off for a while it then responds.

I'll wait for a confirm on the firmware before I start the activity.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Jim.....

EDIT: Just read the below in the download thread, so mine must be in that category:
There is also a China-region model range DS-2CD3x32x-Ixx that has the same hardware and is firmware-compatible.

Last edited:

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haven't done anything yet, but,.... after a few hours of being disconnected I thought I'd power it up to see if SADP would detect it and bizzarely, it seems to be running v5.2.5build 141201 and its all Chinese, this morning it was displayed as v4.0.8build 140610 - have no idea what's going on.

Was also able to make it DHCP with SADP.

Gonna disconnect it and leave it alone till I can go through the upgrade later. Can I leave it on DHCP when I try brickfixV2 ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When following the brickfixv2 method to convert / update, it doesn't matter if the device is on DHCP or what IP address is configured on the normal bootup. The device uses a differently configured value.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you check if your router has UPnP enabled? That's risky and will allow access in from any internet source if enabled.