Rain protection

Reaction score
Hi - My system is nearly complete. I've installed all of my outdoor dome cameras under eaves and all works great. The last one I want to install is in an area where this is no eave. It will be pointed downward towards the ground. Are there any issues with installing weatherproof IP67 rated cameras in a place where they would be directly rained on? Also note that it will be high on the house so I wont have easy access to it for cleaning purposes etc..

Thanks all.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem at all handing rain. However domes do get dirty just like any other exterior part of your house, so it will need periodic cleaning.

upload_2018-12-12_9-36-4.jpeg

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi - My system is nearly complete. I've installed all of my outdoor dome cameras under eaves and all works great. The last one I want to install is in an area where this is no eave. It will be pointed downward towards the ground. Are there any issues with installing weatherproof IP67 rated cameras in a place where they would be directly rained on? Also note that it will be high on the house so I wont have easy access to it for cleaning purposes etc..

Thanks all.
Hi @dansarrosick

Did you remember to mount some camera's low enough to have a good chance at capturing an ID image?

Remember to test the placement of your cameras with a friend acting the part of a prowler wearing a hoodie and baseball cap.

See if another friend or family member can ID the suspect.

Reaction score
Great feedback all - super helpful! Yes all my currently mounted cameras are very low - this new one will be the first one I place higher.