Random dropping of camera

Reaction score
I am running BI 4 and always running the latest updates, I have a total of 11 camera connected as follows:

1 x Axis 214
6 x Dlink DCS 2132L
3 x Dlink DCS 7010L
1 x Dlink DCS 930L

All cameras are recording @ 15fs and CPU is running under 30%. BI is running as a service.

Every couple of days BI will randomly drop one or two of the DCS 7010L or DCS 2132L cameras.

This has been a problem since first installed back in January, the only way to resolve this problem is to restart BI and then all is fine again for a few days unless another camera randomly drops out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind this other than the axis 214 has never failed or the DCS 930L, the cameras have fixed IP address and dhcp is outside of the range used by the cameras so I don't believe it's a network problem, when this happens I can still view the camera direct from the web view.

I can only think the problem is related BI not liking the dlink cameras, can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Best regards

Dave

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running BI 4 and always running the latest updates, I have a total of 11 camera connected as follows:

1 x Axis 214
6 x Dlink DCS 2132L
3 x Dlink DCS 7010L
1 x Dlink DCS 930L

All cameras are recording @ 15fs and CPU is running under 30%. BI is running as a service.

Every couple of days BI will randomly drop one or two of the DCS 7010L or DCS 2132L cameras.

This has been a problem since first installed back in January, the only way to resolve this problem is to restart BI and then all is fine again for a few days unless another camera randomly drops out. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind this other than the axis 214 has never failed or the DCS 930L, the cameras have fixed IP address and dhcp is outside of the range used by the cameras so I don't believe it's a network problem, when this happens I can still view the camera direct from the web view.

I can only think the problem is related BI not liking the dlink cameras, can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Best regards

Dave
Try increasing the receive buffer, video tab>configure.
Also, set the watchdog in blue iris to reset the connection if the signal drops.