Random Problem - Cam "dropping off"

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have one Hikvision 3MP 1080p turret camera on my network (I have 4 total cameras, all of them the same model/firmware version etc) and one particular camera has been running great for weeks, and all of a sudden in the last few days, the camera just "drops" off of Blue Iris, it reports signal failure, then I can't ping the camera or anything else, but I still see it connected to the network and streaming data on the POE switch. I tried factory defaulting the camera, and changing its IP address, just in case there was some random conflict, but the IP range my cameras use is on a total different subnet from the rest of the production data network.

Any ideas to try before I rip this thing out of the ceiling and order a new one?

TIA,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have one Hikvision 3MP 1080p turret camera on my network (I have 4 total cameras, all of them the same model/firmware version etc) and one particular camera has been running great for weeks, and all of a sudden in the last few days, the camera just "drops" off of Blue Iris, it reports signal failure, then I can't ping the camera or anything else, but I still see it connected to the network and streaming data on the POE switch. I tried factory defaulting the camera, and changing its IP address, just in case there was some random conflict, but the IP range my cameras use is on a total different subnet from the rest of the production data network.

Any ideas to try before I rip this thing out of the ceiling and order a new one?

TIA,
When it drop of of blue iris, can you log into the camera directly?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah thats my next guess... the only bad thing is that particular cable run was the hardest one for me to do, had to penetrate the sofit and everything, just finished repainting... it would suck to have to tear it open again... going to pull and recrimp tomorrow..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah thats my next guess... the only bad thing is that particular cable run was the hardest one for me to do, had to penetrate the sofit and everything, just finished repainting... it would suck to have to tear it open again... going to pull and recrimp tomorrow..
I highly doubt its the cable itself..unless its copper clad aluminum or something..if its a connection issues its usually the crimp...

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, I did outside plant sold core copper (I used to work for the phone company, so I would NEVER use CCA!) I'm just thinking its probably a bad crimpola..