Randomly cameras go off...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the english NVr with chinesr cameras...will firmware be a straight forward process?
That depends on whether the NVR is really 'English' or if the existing firmware is making it appear to be.
And on the version of firmware.
The older firmware (say 3.0.8) did not care about the camera region.
The slightly newer firmware (I think it was 3.2.1) complained 'language Mismatch' with Chinese cameras, but OK connected as ONVIF.
The newer firmware (3.62 I think) also complained when Chinese cameras were connected as ONVIF.
And, very strangely, the current firmware (76xxNI-En 3.4.91) does not complain about Chinese cameras connected as ONVIF.
At least on the NVR I installed it on. Others may vary ...

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do I know if its a chinglish NVR? I know cams are chinese hacked with english firmware but NVR was to be english but bought from CHINA

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

SJS

n3wb
Reaction score
Look at the serial number...if there is "CH" included it is model for the chinese market.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look at the serial number...if there is "CH" included it is model for the chinese market.
In ivms it says ds-7608ni-e2-8p

SJS

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not a serial number. Look at the sticker on the nvr.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh sorry thought model number my bad

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
factory default the NVR, then factory default those 2 problem cameras. This is quite possible a software error, that makes the 'max bit rate' mismatching between the cameras and NVR.

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope this will help.

Pls look at the attached picture. Log into your cameras, I bet that setting is way too high now. Sometimes, a software glitch will make this too high, and you will see your problem. You can try adjust them manually back to normal, say 4096 mainstream, and 512k substream max. But a factory default for both the NVR and cameras is easier to solve the problem.

Attachments

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
a few years ago i had a rebranded hik nvr that was on the cheaper side. the nvr didnt like my cameras running with high resolutions. i would have the same problem your having with them dropping out on the monitor, but i could still remote view them. just for the hell of it, try lowering the resolution on a couple cams and see if it has an effect. obviously thats not a ideal solution, but it may help with your troublshooting