RapidRecap Alternatives?

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey gang,
I've noticed that since FLIR sold their LOREX line to Dahua they have discontinued their RapidRecap subscription & haven't announced any replacement. Youtube video example & another.
Does anyone know of a competitor / alternative?
I know lots of you are concerned about uploading to the cloud but this setting is in a business & they are perfectly fine with uploading to the cloud if it means they can continue to review hours of footage in a few minutes.
Let me know! Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey gang,
I've noticed that since FLIR sold their LOREX line to Dahua they have discontinued their RapidRecap subscription & haven't announced any replacement. Youtube video example & another.
Does anyone know of a competitor / alternative?
I know lots of you are concerned about uploading to the cloud but this setting is in a business & they are perfectly fine with uploading to the cloud if it means they can continue to review hours of footage in a few minutes.
Let me know! Thanks.
Search & Review Hours of Video in Minutes | BriefCam

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
I read through BriefCam's website... it's apparently insanely expensive... We're talking $10,000 - $25,000 for a software license....
Zero pricing information on their website & I was referred to a consultant in order to get a quote.
The Lorex RapidRecap was fairly inexpensive, all things considered. Any other alternatives...?
P.S. I believe RapidRecap was powered via BriefCam based on this Reddit User's video watermark.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I read through BriefCam's website... it's apparently insanely expensive... We're talking $10,000 - $25,000 for a software license....
Zero pricing information on their website & I was referred to a consultant in order to get a quote.
The Lorex RapidRecap was fairly inexpensive, all things considered. Any other alternatives...?
P.S. I believe RapidRecap was powered via BriefCam based on this Reddit User's video watermark.
$10,000 price is for 50 cameras.

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct... Which would be $200 /camera. I haven't gotten a formal quote for the 8-10 Cameras we would be interested in using BriefCam on.... but it would seem that it would be at least $200/camera.... seems fairly expensive considering you are only provided with the software, all hardware / computing power you've got to provide. Lorex provided RapidRecap via cloud processing...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct... Which would be $200 /camera. I haven't gotten a formal quote for the 8-10 Cameras we would be interested in using BriefCam on.... but it would seem that it would be at least $200/camera.... seems fairly expensive considering you are only provided with the software, all hardware / computing power you've got to provide. Lorex provided RapidRecap via cloud processing...
Many vms charge 50-200 dollars in per camera licensing. This is a patented feature that they are milking for money and for the most part not needed.

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have any personal experience with any Video Management Software that supports these "summarized / time lapsed videos" ??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any personal experience with any Video Management Software that supports these "summarized / time lapsed videos" ??
No as I dont have a need for them and their insane pricing. There was a post where Sentry (which is integrated into Blue Iris) said they were looking at something like this but I doubt it as they would have to deal with the patents.
If you search for briefcam alternatives you will find various companies offering something similar. Here is just one from Israel. savVi Video Search | Agent Vi

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
It would appear Sentry now offers some VMS inside Blue Iris, per their website.
Has anyone tried it? Cost is reasonable $50/year for 10 cameras. Would seem it's definitely doesn't make a 3 min video time lapse with time stamps over the subject's names as with BriefCam / Lorex's past RapidRecap.
Hoping someone can chime in :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It would appear Sentry now offers some VMS inside Blue Iris, per their website.
Has anyone tried it? Cost is reasonable $50/year for 10 cameras. Would seem it's definitely doesn't make a 3 min video time lapse with time stamps over the subject's names as with BriefCam / Lorex's past RapidRecap.
Hoping someone can chime in :)
There is a whole forum section on sentry... But it doesn't do what you want...

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Roger that, It would seem I'll have to do some digging on my own to find something similar to RapidRecap. Briefcam ended up being way too much $$$$ once an actual rep contacted me...

Reaction score
on a side note, has anyone with these now defunct cameras been able to get them to work? I have a friend who bought 4 of the lorex and since they stopped the service, she can not access the cameras at all. seems they were only accessible via an app.