Raptor 2 5.2.5 Region Change

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

I've been getting a fair few emails about recent issues with Hikvision cameras imported from China.

a) Some newly released models with internal microphones seem to have a sound problem

b) Firmware version provided on the cameras is earlier than the version stated on the label

c) Flashing cameras made in the last few months with 5.2.0 or 5.2.3 stops the camera from working

d) Those who have adopted 5.2.5 (posted on a different forum) find the camera is now Chinese only unless.....

e) ...the camera is already region changed in which case only English is present (no multi language).

So those are the issues. To resolve these problems I've developed a new version of my region change program (which is permanent not a patch) which provides a region change solution within a custom version of 5.2.5 with multi languages that solves the issues above.

Note no manufacturer owned executable code is contained in what I provide, it's my code + the differences that are needed to make your own version of 5.2.5 for your camera(s).

I do provide an easy to use program to make that firmware though (you just download 5.2.5 from a link I send, and run a batch file). Then you can just flash your own custom firmware file.

A few answers to commonly asked questions:

- Is this easy to do?

Yes, and if you have problems I'll do my best to help

- Will this fix the region problem I having in getting iVMS or my NVR to see my camera

Yes.

People that have used my solution in the past:

http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?473-Hikvision-region-code-changer
http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7849.0

As always, if interested please send me a PM or email.

CBX

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To my understanding, the version 5.1.6 which was never released officially (and does not exist officially in any HIK site (correct me if I am wrong)), it was the most fully featured raptor compared with the subsequent versions including the 5.2.0 - 5.2.3.

What are the differences between the versions 5.1.6 and 5.2.5?

Considering all the hassle that most of us have gone when upgrading from version to version ( I believe most of us have bricked and debricked at least once our cameras), are there are any serious reasons for upgrading to the (un)published version 5.2.5?

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Due to the manufacturers policy of not providing full version notes (if any at all) it's hard to know beyond simply looking at web pages. That's not a very good way to spot changes that are not very obvious.

5.2.5 does support newer models that the manufacturer has released though (e.g. the ones people have been having trouble with sound on), so for some earlier versions are not a proper option.