Raspbery Pi2 Camera Monitor w/Rpisurv

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What happens with the main stream from the Camera.. I'm using this with an NVR and the main stream just flickers and is unwatchable, the sub stream is perfectly watchable, if a little fuzzy.

Paul

obqo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

The main stream is unwatchable... it really a picture just digital noise. I can't make it out.

It seems there are many different commands for these cameras - I wonder if I using the wrong one? I see some that specify h264 and av_stream... etc.

I have tied a couple different versions that all play directly in omxplayer on the Pi, but when I add them to the rpisurv file I get more and different errors.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did have an issue playing my main stream through VLC from the rtsp link, but I solved that by reducing the iframe setting. It was set to 50, on a frame rate of 10 and I just got the picture, which I describe as watching a fuzzy cloud.. you can see things moving in it, but no details.
When I dropped the iframe to 5, it just started working.

The main stream through the PI displays about 40% of the picture, with the rest flashing colours etc.. I might try upping the PI's allocate VRAM.

Paul

obqo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Paul. The frame rate is 15 currently. I have the mem set at 128 so I think that is good. The problem is in the config file somewhere as it never gets to show an image fuzzy or not :)

I don't seem to have a problem with VLC or omx on the player.

obqo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Paul - I missed the iframe part initially - I reduced it to 5 and same result.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what I get when I use my main stream. I've two streams and it happens to either, dependant if they are set to main stream.

I checked and my vram is already set to 256mb.

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

obqo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am still trying to get this to work - anybody else have any luck? Does my config look wrong?

tr098a

n3wb
Reaction score
This works fine on a pi zero using a wifi dongle. Streams 1080/30 or the subs stream 704*576 /25, minimal lag and no dropouts. It won't do the full 3MP (2048*1536@20FPS) but the HW decoder is only rated to 1080p30 anyway.

Does the pi 3 manage with anything over 1080?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Personally I can't use the main streams with this, it get the broken picture as per my previous post.

Paul

tr098a

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using TCP with a -crop and -nodeinterlace (not sure if this actually makes a difference)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is what i use w/omxplayer:
Code:
--lavfdopts probesize:35000 --no-keys -p --live --timeout 30 --aspect-mode fill --layer 2 --aidx -1

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just set this up at home and it's amazing. Thank you for putting this together! :)

Is there a way to gracefully exit the display when connected directly via the keyboard?

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just set this up at home and it's amazing. Thank you for putting this together! :)

Is there a way to gracefully exit the display when connected directly via the keyboard?
Try to press "q", does this give a result?

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Tried "q" and "ctrl-c" and "ctrl-x". If I SSH into the RPi and "sudo killall omxplayer.bin" it stops the feeds momentarily but the script then restarts the video feeds (and it's quite impressive!).
I'm sure it's somewhere in the readme file or in this thread but I can't find the name of the service or how to halt the service once installed.

Side-note, can't wait for raspipc to be complete. :) :) :)

SvenVD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On ssh, killall -9 python ; killall -9 omxplayer.bin does the trick

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great! Thank you! :)

Edit: Searching for that command, and I found where it was already provided. Looks like my search fu is weak. ;) Although it doesn't include the python piece which, I suppose, was triggering the re-launch of the feeds.

RPISurv is not mine, someone else wrote it.. but you can stop the video and let you manually restart it without rebooting the entire device.
Code:
killall -9 omxplayer;killall -9 omxplayer.bin

Last edited:

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Disregard, I got my threads and instructions mixed up (the Rpisurv versus RasPipC). :(

Last edited: