RasPipC - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@pbc just an off the shelf vesa mount adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-VESA-Mounting-Plate-Wood/dp/B011JACSN6

@Razer rotations wont make it in yet, but it should be doable later down the line... lots of stuff can be added for all sorts of uses, from pro-installers to home tinkerers.. nice thing about having the source code.

tool tip was always planned for those, I just updated all the libraries last night because they didnt work right.

It should have been saving any changes you made automatically on the server, thats how it behaves for chrome/firefox/safari.. do you get any errors in the JavaScript console?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Razer, I found the problem you had and fixed it.. was since I added images I had to make sure they were properly escaped or else it messed up the database update and would fail once you had a camera with something like &1 in the path.

OnVif querying works finally, tool tips been implemented, project website created, lots of lil bugs squished here and there, its getting very close to RC1.. hopefully this weekend but I got alot of Basketball to watch so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Sweet, I have raspberry Pi 2 sitting here. It going to be use for arcade emulator for a customer that I am replacing his 15 year old computer running Windows95. His mouth dropped when I showed him what I was replacing his computer with in his arcade machine :nuts: and I am sure he won't mind me borrowing it to do some little side testing :cool: . We are waiting on the controller anyway so that give me some time to play with it some more.

Maybe I will give this a try to see if it will work with the Huisun camera and if it does then order me another Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 for myself.

Are you aware there a new Raspberry Pi 3 coming out?

Bill

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they are sweet little devices and I know all about the Pi3, its already out and avilable. I dont have one, but it should work if anyone wants to buy me one I'll add it to a wishlist :p

really tho the Pi3 over the Pi2 in this situation is a draw, nothing on the new one would make it perform any better/worse.. well, it comes with wifi, and that could make the Pi3 worse :p

whatever you can get your hands on will work, heck it'd probably display a few cams with an original single core pi.. but i dont have one to test with either.

if you want to do other things on it like home automation w/Domoticz, well then go for the Pi3

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Nayr:
The mouse over effects are great. But you have to turn off the browser included tips: "settings" and "remove widget"
Can you tell me the new text, so I can translate.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
they are sweet little devices and I know all about the Pi3, its already out and avilable. I dont have one, but it should work if anyone wants to buy me one I'll add it to a wishlist :p

really tho the Pi3 over the Pi2 in this situation is a draw, nothing on the new one would make it perform any better/worse.. well, it comes with wifi, and that could make the Pi3 worse :p

whatever you can get your hands on will work, heck it'd probably display a few cams with an original single core pi.. but i dont have one to test with either.

if you want to do other things on it like home automation w/Domoticz, well then go for the Pi3
Pi3 should have no issue running a home automation with Domoticz? Right now I am reading up on Domoticz before I get started on it but I wasn't sure what processor to get to run on it. Smaller the better since I like saving electricity. I plan to get Pi just home automation and nothing else on it. No DVR or NVR etc so Pi3 should be sufficient then?

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I found:

"PIDISCLAIMER": "Dieses Projekt ist nicht der Raspberry Pi Foundation zugehörig.",

"DISPLAY": "Display",
"APPLYLAYOUT": "Ansicht anwenden",
"CAMERAS": "Kamera",
"DISPLAYCFRM": "Möchten Sie die aktuelle Ansicht anwenden?",
"DCONFIRMTITLE": "Display aktualisieren",
"YES": "Ja",
"NO": "Nein",
"SUCCESS": "Erfolg",
"FAILED": "Fehlgeschlagen!",
"REFRESH": "Seite neu laden",
"WORKING": "Bitte warten",

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TechBill, no troubles at all.. my home automation system runs off a quad core armv7 thats actually a lil bit slower than the RPi2, and its got plenty of resources avilable.

@cball, cheers!

FYI from what I have been reading the RPI2 can do about ~30MBit of encrypted VPN Traffic, so I bet the PI3 can handle even more troughput if you want to use it to also access your cameras remotely.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which VPN server running can the pi2 do 30MBit @nayr? I'd like to look at this myself if I don't first end up with an edgerouter first (still not sure which model I will get).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
demo is down; i need my Pi for this last bit of work.. im thinking of getting a RPi1 for demo, I can use it for testing and find out what its capable of.. but without any video it'll do demo perfectly.. if anyone has a used original pi they are not using, i'll take it.

when the app starts it loads all your cameras up stacked up ontop of each-other at coordinates outside any sane screen resolution, then as the display is called it sends the feed new display coordinates via dbus, and all the cameras get there new coordinates at the same time, so everything just blinks into position.. mmm any cameras not displayed are still streaming in the corner waiting for another feed to drop so they can come in and take its place.

also added an automatic refresh timer on the web interface, so your snapshot/preview images can stay fresh..

getting very close now, release candidates will NOT be system images.. you'll have to have a raspbian jessie pi already online and use a bit of command line to install it.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just ordered my Raspberry Pi 3, getting ready for this great project. Thanks @nayr.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just trying to hammer out bugs and clean everything up, unfortunately everyone took this week off work for spring break w/their kids.. leaving me a bit overloaded on all fronts.

i'll try to get somethign for you to test really soon.

PS: Oah hell yes, just installed a dahua NVR today and now pulling my feeds from it directly it dont matter if its a 1080p main stream of D1 substream, they all come in perfect sync.. been trying to fix this and apparently it was just my cameras fault.

ferbulous

n3wb
Reaction score
just trying to hammer out bugs and clean everything up, unfortunately everyone took this week off work for spring break w/their kids.. leaving me a bit overloaded on all fronts.

i'll try to get somethign for you to test really soon.

PS: Oah hell yes, just installed a dahua NVR today and now pulling my feeds from it directly it dont matter if its a 1080p main stream of D1 substream, they all come in perfect sync.. been trying to fix this and apparently it was just my cameras fault.
Probably not topic related
But which dahua nvr are you using with the rpi? Does it support rtsp as well as motion detection?

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i dont know what you mean by motion detection via RTSP.. the API mentions playing back recordings via RTSP, like: rtsp://admin:admin@10.7.6.67:554/mnt/sd/2012-07-13/001/dav/09/09.30.37-09.30.47[R][0@0][0].dav

but its just a video stream, it contains no alarm data..

sometimes all my feeds dont load on startup, I think some network stuff is still going on.. i might need to make sure it waits until everything is going and start last.

ferbulous

n3wb
Reaction score
i dont know what you mean by motion detection via RTSP.. the API mentions playing back recordings via RTSP, like: rtsp://admin:admin@10.7.6.67:554/mnt/sd/2012-07-13/001/dav/09/09.30.37-09.30.47[R][0@0][0].dav

but its just a video stream, it contains no alarm data..

sometimes all my feeds dont load on startup, I think some network stuff is still going on.. i might need to make sure it waits until everything is going and start last.
I see, so dahua nvr can still display the rtsp stream then.
I just thought it would be able support motion detection via rtsp like how iSpy, or Zoneminder does.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oah I see what your saying, no it does not process video for motion.. it relies of the camera's capabilities to do that.

i dont use motion detection for anything meaningful so I hardly care about it.. I am more keen on Dahua's IVS features like Sound Detection, Facial Detection, Line Cross, etc and those all are done via camera