RasPipC - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

soulja

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, i am a noob on raspberry. I installed Raspbian and i want to install this great thing on my pi. How do i do this?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: raspIPC.tv - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

You will have to wait until it is released before you can install it. @nayr is still developing release 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hi @nayr,
I wanted to pull this thread up again.
Are there any news on your on your project?

jasauders

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The demo says it's down right now, but surely I want to look into this. Here you are using github to host the code, it's open source, it's Linux based, and you're leveraging cheap (yet surprisingly powerful) R-pi hardware.

Oh my awesome. Well done, sir!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I'm thinking this is a dead project?? Sure hope not as it really got a lot of attention in the beginning.

I have Rpisurv from @SvenVD, working but was looking forward to the bells and whistles @nayr, was working on.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its not dead, its just on hiatus.. April-Aug are typically too damn busy for me to get much programming done; durring the Winter months I am in project/coding mode but this time of year I am outside, working on gardens, yards, vacations, concerts, family reunions, roofing my house, installing new cooler on my house, and the kid is on summer vacation too.. so trips to the pool, museums, zoos, national parks, and basic camping are happening every weekend.

Your about 18 years too late for the lone teenage code warrior in his parents basement, I have a life and good programing requires ~20-40h of week to dedicate, thats a well established fact.. my Career has changed focus this year and what went from a pretty relaxed gig with ample free time for projects, now that capability has evaporated entirely and I am burning through both ends of the candle.

I wont let this die, but I cant dedicate the time needed to really work on it.. not currently.

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will the files available on github run as they are now? I am finally to a point where I am ready to get this thing running on an lcd panel that I am going to frame and hang. Do I just install raspbian and run the app.jsn file?
Neil

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its not dead, its just on hiatus.. April-Aug are typically too damn busy for me to get much programming done; durring the Winter months I am in project/coding mode but this time of year I am outside, working on gardens, yards, vacations, concerts, family reunions, roofing my house, installing new cooler on my house, and the kid is on summer vacation too.. so trips to the pool, museums, zoos, national parks, and basic camping are happening every weekend.

Your about 18 years too late for the lone teenage code warrior in his parents basement, I have a life and good programing requires ~20-40h of week to dedicate, thats a well established fact.. my Career has changed focus this year and what went from a pretty relaxed gig with ample free time for projects, now that capability has evaporated entirely and I am burning through both ends of the candle.

I wont let this die, but I cant dedicate the time needed to really work on it.. not currently.
Hi Nayr,
do you have made a schedule for the ongoing of this awesome project?
I would Love to use it this winter.
If you Need help - let uns know. I guess, you can just manage this project and the scripting can so others..
Yours

cball

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 new monitors and a Raspberry Pi3 I just got w/my yearly bonus.. setting the lab up for this project now.

I have a few more summer projects to finish up, but this is at the top of my list.. I'll dive back into it here in November hopefully.

Ive done a tiny amount of work on it off and on throughout the summer, fixed a few big bugs that were in my way and its nearly functional.. mostly cleanup work and a little bit of functionality left.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the things you might like to do to extend this remind me a bit of some digital signage software. Things like schedules, alerts, overlays, widgets, etc.
There may be some code you could fork from some things like:
https://www.screenly.io/ose/
https://github.com/groupon/greenscreen
https://github.com/Rise-Vision/player-raspberrypi
https://github.com/born2net/studioDashboard
http://greenscreen.io
http://xibo.org.uk/
https://github.com/rcarmo/mqtt-signage-server

I haven't really looked at the code for any of these at this point.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Just a quick question, you state that for mpeg2 deciding we need to purchase an external licence.
I've HIKVISION cameras, using H264, would I need this licence?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see some people are installing this, are they building it from your source code or is there another way to do so.
I've just got my first PI in and what to start taking a look at this app.

So if you need to idiot test this, then I'm your man.. :)

Else I'm just going to have to install MAME and upset the Wife, I'm sure you don't want that.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi nayr,

I know that that package is not quite ready yet, but I thought I'd give it a go from the GIT repository. I'm if anything impatient to try a new toy.

It's installed on my RPi3 using NPM, but when I goto start it the following comes up.

/home/pi/node_modules/raspIPC.tv/routes/api.js:268
omxProc[camera].on('close', (code, signal) => {
^
SyntaxError: Unexpected token >
at Module._compile (module.js:439:25)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
at require (module.js:380:17)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/node_modules/raspIPC.tv/app.js:12:11)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
npm ERR! raspIPC.tv@0.1.1 start: `node ./bin/www`
npm ERR! Exit status 8
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the raspIPC.tv@0.1.1 start script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the raspIPC.tv package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node ./bin/www
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls raspIPC.tv
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! System Linux 4.4.21-v7+
npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "start"
npm ERR! cwd /home/pi/node_modules/raspIPC.tv
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.29
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.21
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm WARN This failure might be due to the use of legacy binary "node"
npm WARN For further explanations, please read
/usr/share/doc/nodejs/README.Debian

I had another issue when I installed it, that is failed to load fsevents, but a google shows that this wouldn't get loaded on a RPI (only going on what others have said).

I'm not expecting you to go out of your way to help me, but if it's something silly that I've done and is a quick fix.. :)

Paul

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi nayr,

I know that that package is not quite ready yet, but I thought I'd give it a go from the GIT repository. I'm if anything impatient to try a new toy.

It's installed on my RPi3 using NPM, but when I goto start it the following comes up.
You might start with this older more basic implementation that wasn't written by @nayr Raspbery Pi2 Camera Monitor w/Rpisurv
At a minimum you should be able to find more support / documentation / discussion in other forums about it.