Re-process Motion Detection

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I realized that my motion detection wasn't set properly. There was a hit-and-run on our street but nobody knows an approximate time. Since my motion detection wasn't set up properly I would have to go review the entire video (at about 8x in order to not miss anything). This would take a long time. Is there a way to reprocess recorded video and get new motion detection/alarms for those videos?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I realized that my motion detection wasn't set properly. There was a hit-and-run on our street but nobody knows an approximate time. Since my motion detection wasn't set up properly I would have to go review the entire video (at about 8x in order to not miss anything). This would take a long time. Is there a way to reprocess recorded video and get new motion detection/alarms for those videos?
It can't be done with Blue Iris. If the camera caught any of the hit and run you'd be able to find the video easily by simply skipping large portions of the video until you see the damage then go back.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The hit and run happened down the street with the car moving towards our house (unless the car turned around). So I am looking for a damaged car passing by our house. Anyways, thanks for the response.

Reaction score
I have had to do that a few times, reviewing a night's worth of footage looking for something that drives by. I have found that 8x speed works the best. Thought that 32x or 16x would work, but it jumps a bit and can miss something go by if it is fast or the FOV is narrow.