Read Dahua Cam Card on PC

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just did a quick search and couldn't find anything obvious... is there any special requirement to view the contents of an SD card out of Dahua 5442 cams using a PC?

Windows just reported that I need to format it first. Obviously that's not a plan!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks mate.

Years ago I used an exe called EXT2toNTFS or something like that to read a hard drive out of a TV recorder. If that doesn't work, I'll make a Linux bootable...

Cheers!
You can also simply put it back in the camera and download from the web interface as you suggested.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can also simply put it back in the camera and download from the web interface as you suggested.
It's out of a cam located at a different site to my home. Ethernet access to the network is a bit of fluffing around... the WiFi access isn't great because the source is buried.

I thought pulling the card would be easier. Lessons...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's out of a cam located at a different site to my home. Ethernet access to the network is a bit of fluffing around... the WiFi access isn't great because the source is buried.

I thought pulling the card would be easier. Lessons...
Do you have another Dahua cam you could put it in to retrieve it?

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Conclusion:

EXT2toNTFS locked up my Win11 box bad, even using compatibility mode. Ctrl/Alt/Del didn't break the loop so it was a hard shutdown to recover. Not recommended.

Put uSD card back in original cam. No problem. WiFi download wasn't terrible actually, and concurrent transfers were possible and I grabbed a few hours of footage in minutes.