ready to SCREAM at these mounts

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wanted a outdoor wall mount for an Amcrest IP8M-T2599EW turret camera... thats this camera,

ok, not realizing these things aren't interchangable, I bought a bracket that I thought was the right thing, and its a very nicely made mount, but its for a smaller camera with a 110mm OD and 4 screws on a 100mm circle, or 3 or 4 screws on a 85mm circle. Well, the amcrest IP8M-T2599EW is 123mm OD, and has 4 screws on a 70mm circle. arrrrrgh.

So I ordered a Amcrest AMCPFB203W mount,
which specifically says its compatible with the IP8M-T2599EW and yes, its the right 110mm OD, but..... IT DOESN"T HAVE FOUR SCREW HOLES ON THE 70mm CIRCLE, wtf. it has 3 sets of 3 holes, all on larger circles, like 84mm, 98mm, 110mm.

this has been an exercise in frustration.

Last edited:

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah, I thought of that, BUT... there's AIR in the turret camera mounting base where these screws would go to match the bracket, and the bracket has a BIG center hole that would mean new holes in it would be way close to the edge of the metal.

I submitted a tech support request to Amcrest, lets see what /their/ answer is. I don't reall ywant to directly mount this turret cam on the brick chimney as its ethernet connector would be hanging out in plain sight, and I don't trust those weather seal glands they come with.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted a outdoor wall mount for an Amcrest IP8M-T2599EW turret camera... thats this camera,

ok, not realizing these things aren't interchangable, I bought a bracket that I thought was the right thing, and its a very nicely made mount, but its for a smaller camera with a 110mm OD and 4 screws on a 100mm circle, or 3 or 4 screws on a 85mm circle. Well, the amcrest IP8M-T2599EW is 123mm OD, and has 4 screws on a 70mm circle. arrrrrgh.

So I ordered a Amcrest AMCPFB203W mount,
which specifically says its compatible with the IP8M-T2599EW and yes, its the right 110mm OD, but..... IT DOESN"T HAVE FOUR SCREW HOLES ON THE 70mm CIRCLE, wtf. it has 3 sets of 3 holes, all on larger circles, like 84mm, 98mm, 110mm.

this has been an exercise in frustration.
Oh, that really stinks.. @Left Coast Geek

Feel free to share any appropriate pictures showing the mismatch to help others avoid a similar situation.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh, that really stinks.. @Left Coast Geek

Feel free to share any appropriate pictures showing the mismatch to help others avoid a similar situation.
lets see, the Amcrest bracket is in fact a Dahua bracket of almost the same PN. this is from the Dahua drawing PDF for said bracket.

dahua-bracket-drawing.JPG

and this is the drill template that came with the amcrest camera..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or just mount it without the junction box mount!

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or just mount it without the junction box mount!

yeah, i'm mounting this on a brick chimney, using masonry anchors. this particular cam, the base isn't big enough to hide the connector pigtails, so they'd be hanging out in plain sight, which is too ugly. bad enough to have a white wire running down the side of the chimney, but at least the bricks are painted white.

anyways, I found the RIGHT version of the bracket, so all is good.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I use galvanized self drilling sheet metal screws and sometimes a drill for a pilot hole. If they aren't long enough, I have an assortment of odds and ends to make due.
Even if you use standard Electrical boxes as mounts you'd need to drill into the faceplate to mount it.
Sometimes you can use one screw hole and make two new holes.
Camera shapes have evolved faster than their mounts undoubtedly.

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
ah HAH! on the thread I started over in the Amcrest subforum, someone aimed me at the Dahua 204, which is otherwise identical to the 203, but has FOUR bolt mounts including the correct radius!!!
View attachment 91185
This is correct, the 204 mount is supposed to be for the IP8M-T2599EW. I personally tested this a while back due to a previous case and even told the listing team of our site to correct this but it looks like they never did...

@Left Coast Geek Please mention about this on your current Amcrest ticket and them know that K.L. verified that the IP8M-T2599EW has to be using the 204 mount.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is correct, the 204 mount is supposed to be for the IP8M-T2599EW. I personally tested this a while back due to a previous case and even told the listing team of our site to correct this but it looks like they never did...

@Left Coast Geek Please mention about this on your current Amcrest ticket and them know that K.L. verified that the IP8M-T2599EW has to be using the 204 mount.
heh, I did this already... along with my snips of the drawings from the drawing doc on Dahua