Really Bad Car Accident Caught On Camera

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Occurred yesterday in Los Angeles. 6 people died including a pregnant woman and her unborn child. Several others were also seriously injured, driver of the speeding car survived.

(Video has no audio)
"Occurred yesterday in Los Angeles. 6 people died including a pregnant woman and her unborn child. Several others were also seriously injured, driver of the speeding car survived. "

wow .. that is insane ...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Man...that is so sad. Prayers go out to the dead, their families, the injured and even the surviving driver. Maybe it doesn't matter much at this point but unless that driver can claim/prove stuck accelerator, other vehicle malfunction, etc. then they are in deep doo-doo, as well they should be if negligent, DUI, etc.

So very, very sad. :(

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if those signs/poles at the gas station had not been there it may possibly have gone further, involving customers there as well, gas pumps on fire, explosions...who knows? That street light pole on the right side of the carnage may have prevented one car from entering the right side of the gas station, IMO. :idk:

Last edited:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That was unbelievable. It's enough to make you scared to be on the road.

Any more news on why the driver was speeding through the intersection? The best I can imagine is that the driver was unconscious from a heart attack with the foot planted on the accelerator or something similar. Other than that, there's absolutely no excuse.

I'm just trying to make sense of that crash.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Any more news on why the driver was speeding through the intersection? The best I can imagine is that the driver was unconscious from a heart attack with the foot planted on the accelerator or something similar. Other than that, there's absolutely no excuse.

Or drunk driver.

Reaction score

A 40 year old woman? Old enough to know better, probably too young to be having a medical crisis. My vote is drugs or alcohol. I would also bet multiple priors for DUI, but kept out of jail or other serious consequences by a good lawyer.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@TonyR no problem will do!

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Without this barrier I think it would of been a lot worse
Oh, yeah....my thought as well. That street light pole on the right side of the carnage may have prevented one car from entering the right side of the gas station, IMO.

In over 31 years of traffic signal maintenance, 29 of those in N. CA., I saw the results and helped repair damage to poles, cabinets, street lighting, etc. due to literally hundreds of vehicle accidents, some of them very, very bad and very gruesome...but I must admit I have never seen one this bad and for that I am glad. Amazing. And very sad. :confused:

Thanks for the updates.

Last edited: