rearranging cameras on screen?

FireRaider

n3wb
Reaction score
Running latest release of BI, i5 with 6GB RAM and GeForce 8400 w/ 1GB Memory to a 42" monitor.
13 cameras on All Cameras screen. I have groups set up but want to rearrange the cameras on the All Cameras group or even some of the other groups with only 4 cameras.
Everything is working fine except I can't move the camera feeds around on the monitor. I remember doing this in the past and thought it was as easy as clicking on the camera feed and moving it to where I want it to be. I even reread the help and it says to do just that. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried clicking on the picture, the header, etc. Tried restarting, rebooting.
Has something changed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Running latest release of BI, i5 with 6GB RAM and GeForce 8400 w/ 1GB Memory to a 42" monitor.
13 cameras on All Cameras screen. I have groups set up but want to rearrange the cameras on the All Cameras group or even some of the other groups with only 4 cameras.
Everything is working fine except I can't move the camera feeds around on the monitor. I remember doing this in the past and thought it was as easy as clicking on the camera feed and moving it to where I want it to be. I even reread the help and it says to do just that. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried clicking on the picture, the header, etc. Tried restarting, rebooting.
Has something changed?
Welcome to the forum. Make sure drag lock is not enabled.

FireRaider

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the fix! I had to do a forum search for 'drag lock' and found where you had told someone else how to do it as well. Searching the BI help only finds drag lock in the change logs.
But that was it. I probably set it sometime in the past and forgot about it. Thanks again.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Drag-lock is disabled here but I still cannot drag them around. Anyone know what is going on? Attempting to click and drag, from the middle of the frame, treats the input like I'm single-clicking on it (the camera goes full screen). I've been trying to find a way to rearrange my cameras for awhile now.

Thought it was due to Remote Desktop, so I plugged in a monitor,keyboard, and mouse, and I'm still unable to rearrange the cameras. Maybe an issue with the current version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Drag-lock is disabled here but I still cannot drag them around. Anyone know what is going on? Attempting to click and drag, from the middle of the frame, treats the input like I'm single-clicking on it (the camera goes full screen). I've been trying to find a way to rearrange my cameras for awhile now.

Thought it was due to Remote Desktop, so I plugged in a monitor,keyboard, and mouse, and I'm still unable to rearrange the cameras. Maybe an issue with the current version?
On the bottom left of the PTZ control bar you likely have the icon for "solo selected camera" clicked (green)

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the bottom left of the PTZ control bar you likely have the icon for "solo selected camera" clicked (green)
That was it! Don't see why I would have ever clicked that. I still don't know what most buttons or icons do, and I've been using BI for years!

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think another way to do the same thing is to right click the screen and check/uncheck "Prioritize selected camera".

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any other possibilities to fix this problem? now when I click to Drag the camera just goes to Full Frame instead of allowing me to click and Drag like it did yesterday.

thanks

Cal F

n3wb
Reaction score
Just adding my 2 cents worth here. Reading this forum I found my issue of camera going to full screen when I did a single click on a camera instead of a double click. Apparently setting "Solo selected camera" overrides double clicking to go to single screen (which is a setting in the main menu/camera tab). Changing "Solo selected camera" also resolved my issue of NOT being able to arrange the cameras with a mouse drag. This must have changed during one of the upgrades as I had not made these changes and threw me for a loop that both seemed to change all of a sudden by themselves. Also, just for any future readers, I noticed that the icon for the "Solo selected camera" apparently was moved to the top right from the bottom left as was indicated in the July 2016 post. It also appears when right clicking in a camera "area" as indicated in the May 8, 2020 post. (I'm running Release 5.3.2.11 x64 9/25/20 but was doing this on previous version(s)) Thanks for the help guys

Last edited: