Rearranging cameras

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got 18 cameras running in my BI now. After adding the last couple I need to rearrange them. I've done so with no trouble in the past so I didn't sweat it.

I can move some of them no problem. Others, though,when I put the 'hand' cursor on the video area it seems to 'pan' around the video but it won't let me move the window. I'm trying to figure out why some will move and others won't but can't find a common thread other than this - in the ones that DO move the hand grabs the video and it just moves the whole window while in the ones that DON'T move the hand will shift the video feed around within the display window.

Any thoughts?

And PS - where is this Drag Lock that I've read about? I can't find it.

Thanks!

mark

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually I did find a way to do this. If I disable the camera I can then move it.

It's a decent workaround but an explanation for the behavior would be great.

Mark

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually I did find a way to do this. If I disable the camera I can then move it.

It's a decent workaround but an explanation for the behavior would be great.

Mark
This is happening because you have the cameras zoomed in so BI thinks you are trying to move the camera image itself..unzoom then move cams..
right click for drag lock option

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

How did I zoom in, though? I'm not using AOI - all I've done is added the cameras and set the hot spot/motion detection areas.

mark

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,

How did I zoom in, though? I'm not using AOI - all I've done is added the cameras and set the hot spot/motion detection areas.

mark
with the mouse scroll wheel...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not possible... I have a non-scrolling mouse (no wheel) at the moment - my regular mouse is broken and I'm using a POS old one till I get around to replacing it....
you must have done it somehow - maybe with the old mouse, as you can see the image moves for you, ergo, you are zoomed in...right click on the image and select zoom out...you will now be able to move the camera.

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
You are 100.5% correct. Right clicking on the window and zooming out allowed it to be moved! My BI runs on a headless box and I access it using VNC. I must have zoomed in from a machine with a scroll wheel.

Thank you, sir!

mark

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not possible... I have a non-scrolling mouse (no wheel) at the moment - my regular mouse is broken and I'm using a POS old one till I get around to replacing it....
Do you have the 'Zoom in' and 'Zoom out' keyboard shortcuts defined?

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
tbh I didn't even know there was such a thing. I set up my BI 6 or 7 years ago, keep it current, but haven't changed anything in ages (other than adding cameras) It runs on a Core I7-5820K 3.30GHZ (3.6GHZ Turbo Mode) Six Core 15MB Hyperthreading LGA2011-V3 Processor with 32gb of RAM but it's stuck in an outbuilding with no keyboard or monitor - the only access is VNC.

mark