Reasons to buy new NVR Hikvision

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is a lack of NVR reviews. When I bought my E2 I thought "up to 5MP" in the spec is all I really needed to care about, but when bought my first 4MP and hooked it up to NVR I ran into "wtf"... Perhaps newer firmware has improved the performance, but I have no way of telling that. Anyone who has bunch of 4MP or higher MP cams running on E2 at high bitrate can comment?

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/95LsqFO[/QUOTE] This is where I a got my I2, btw the difference is $100 with shipping

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is a lack of NVR reviews. When I bought my E2 I thought "up to 5MP" in the spec is all I really needed to care about, but when bought my first 4MP and hooked it up to NVR I ran into "wtf"... Perhaps newer firmware has improved the performance, but I have no way of telling that. Anyone who has bunch of 4MP or higher MP cams running on E2 at high bitrate can comment?

This is where I a got my I2, btw the difference is $100 with shipping
lol....oh yeh shipping
she offered me $10 discount

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) DS-7608NI-SE/P is an old model. No one should be buying this any more!
2) The advantages of the newer models are minor if you already have the older model. No one should be upgrading unless giving their old NVR to friend or family.
3) Same for 3MP to 4MP, not worth the upgrade IMO.
1+

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two NVRs. The DS-7608NI-E2/8P for the back of the house and I am running 6 cameras off of it. Four are 3MP and the other two are 2MP Huisun Mini PTZ 10x. For the front of the house I have the DS-7608NI-I2/8P and that is where I am running my 4MP cameras. Also 6 cameras with another Huisun mini PTZ 10X about to come on line and that will be a total of 7. This will also give me 2 Huisun's for the front of the house. They are mainly to pickup license plates.