rebuild data base help

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have double checked the file to make sure they play, you can see in picture that Bi does not see them correctly?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not think about that being it was playing with another app!! I Dl'ed and when you play file in BI it plays now!! Awesome thanks you . I think that is the second time on the missing codec! The files are still blacked out but play ,will they show eventually?

edit : since database regen, all files are locked is there an easy way to select all files not just the ones in this folder to unprotect?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not think about that being it was playing with another app!! I Dl'ed and when you play file in BI it plays now!! Awesome thanks you . I think that is the second time on the missing codec! The files are still blacked out but play ,will they show eventually?
try a restart? you may need to rebuild the database to get the image to show.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update still working on it, seems the issue is fix ,but i am missing some files. trying to track them down!

Seems the system has deleted them?

If its set right should not delete till 514 days.

Last edited:

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In your clips and archiving options, what is the "Limit folder size" for the Storage folder? With those HDs, crank up the values. I see you also have New folder set to delete after 50GB instead of moving to storage? Is there a reason for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one large drive, I was just keeping all files on there. The storage was set to 14 days, that may have been the cause. I was thinking being the new folder was set to 400 days it would not delete or move any folders till after that, then they would be deleted.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one large drive, I was just keeping all files on there. The storage was set to 14 days, that may have been the cause. I was thinking being the new folder was set to 400 days it would not delete or move any folders till after that, then they would be deleted.
You still have the 50gb limitation set ... In my opinion disable the day limit and increase the size limit to the drive capacity or 90 percent of it... Why delete footage before the drive is full?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So set folder size to 9tb - 9000gb, un-check limit clips age for new. what about stored?

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would preserve the New--->Stored folders. I believe there will be a performance issue if you are putting everything in the New folder.
You can keep a 50GB new folder then move to storage and make the limit near your remaining available space.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would preserve the New--->Stored folders. I believe there will be a performance issue if you are putting everything in the New folder.
You can keep a 50GB new folder then move to storage and make the limit near your remaining available space.
There is no performance hit. The new folder and stored folder function exactly the same. There is no reason for the move. The only time it would be of benefit is if you are storing new files on an ssd.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, so far new system seems to be working well,I made the suggested changes, i am going to unlock all the clips when i get home, we shall see if they are still getting deleted!