Reccomend me a POE switch

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents worth regarding the Procurve 2620. I found the web gui a little poor on the usability/configuration side of things. There is a text based utility which makes things a little easier, but most of the configuration requires use of the command line. In terms of noise, I've not found it to be excessively loud. My switch lives in the laundry room next to the kitchen and I can't hear it at all when the laundry room door is closed.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
have wondered about getting enterprise managed POE switches from eBay or even local auction or craigslist.
I mean.... :
TINGCisco WS-C3560-48PS-S Catalyst 3560 1U 48-Port 10/100 PoE & 4 SFP Gigabit Switch
Warranty, Fast Shipping
Pre-Owned
$38.00

a 48 port POE 3560 Catalyst for $38. Amazing. However, never dabbled with a enterprise level managed switch so unknown if it's a PIA to program or if it even needs to be programmed.
I have one of these and it's a rock. Highly recommended if it fits your use case.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys (& gals?, idk...), can someone explain to me why I shouldn't buy this? I'm flabbergasted. Am I reading this correctly as 48poe ports? And it has gigabit uplink so that shouldnt be a problem. I really don't NEED the ability to carve it up but geez. Why should I buy a new 5 port or even a cheaper 8 port for the same price?

I must be overlooking something obvious Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560-48PS-S 48-Port 10/100 PoE + 4 GigE SFP Rackmount Switch for sale online
Its probably very loud and consumes a good amount of power at idle. You will also need to buy an sfp adapter fro the gigabit uplink. That thing is 15 years old.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had a bvtech 16 poe , it only lasted 2 years. I like hp procurve 2560 or a ubiquity switch.