received first cam today and can't get it online

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received the first of my three cams today and I can't seem to get it online it is the IPC-T5442T-ZE. I went through the list of how to initialize with the config tool and then added it to BI find and inspect tried almost every setting I could but still not working. checked to make sure the IP address were not the same for the router and server, running windows as service, tried 264 & 265. When I switched to 264 it said HTTP timeout. I tried switching ports on the POE switch. when I plug it in it dosen't make any noise but it gets warm so I know it's getting power. It will make a light click when it's unplugged. also tried reseting it. I can't think of anything else and I'm tired at this point and have work early in the morning, so I'll leave it at that along with some pictures. I read numerous other threads with the same problem that was where I was finding some of the other solution I mentioned above. Maybe it's DOA maybe I'm missing something. IDK

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I received the first of my three cams today and I can't seem to get it online it is the IPC-T5442T-ZE. I went through the list of how to initialize with the config tool and then added it to BI find and inspect tried almost every setting I could but still not working. checked to make sure the IP address were not the same for the router and server, running windows as service, tried 264 & 265. When I switched to 264 it said HTTP timeout. I tried switching ports on the POE switch. when I plug it in it dosen't make any noise but it gets warm so I know it's getting power. It will make a light click when it's unplugged. also tried reseting it. I can't think of anything else and I'm tired at this point and have work early in the morning, so I'll leave it at that along with some pictures. I read numerous other threads with the same problem that was where I was finding some of the other solution I mentioned above. Maybe it's DOA maybe I'm missing something. IDK
What have you done to initialize it? have you logged into the cameras interface? Its not doa, its user error. Before touching BI, you must be able to log into the camera via user interface. What is the ip of the camera? Is it on the same subnet as your router?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Where's @wittaj 's walk-through for setting up the IP. That should help. I need to bookmark that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The IP address you put into BI - 192.168.1.1 is probably the router IP address as that is the most common router address - did you make that the camera IP address and now you IP conflicted out your system from the very beginning?

I say factory reset your camera and try again.

Here is how most of us get the cameras to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1661751871270.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system (and not the IP address of something already on the system) and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home.

Then go back into BI and select add camera and then type in the IP address you just gave the camera along with username and password and then hit the find/inspect button.

Last edited:

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will hopefully be able to give it another run tonight. I was way overtired last night and was just anxious to get it connected. With everyone’s help and looking back at my post from last night I see that it was using the router IP. I’ll start from scratch when I try again.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It took me at least 2 hours to get my first cam running. The screenshots that wittaj posted are exactly what I couldn't figure out. Double click on the IPv4 line to change the address. It took me a long time to figure out the double click lol. It also gave me gateway warnings when I'd change the ip, so I'm not even certain what the gateway should be, if anything.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you right click on IPv4 another window will open that lists "properties". That's where you need to go. Double click also works, but I'm "old school" and like the full menu.

For configuring a camera a gateway address and DNS address are not needed at all.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you right click on IPv4 another window will open that lists "properties". That's where you need to go. Double click also works, but I'm "old school" and like the full menu.

For configuring a camera a gateway address and DNS address are not needed at all.
This is why computers drive me nuts. I just tried several times to right click, and it does nothing for me. I can either double click, or single click to highlight that line and click properties down below.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The first time was 10 home, now 10 pro. I know it warned me of a gateway issue on home, but I don't recall if it did it after the upgrade.

Coal_Cracker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey everybody I got the cam working. Once the kids got to sleep and I had some quite time I got it up and running in about 20 min. I just cleared everything and started from scratch. I used the config tool that came with the camera. There is a modify IP tab in the bottom left corner.