Recommend a Dahua NVR please

poolecw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd like some advice on buying a NVR. I plan on buying 8 Dahua cameras (IPC-HDW5231R-Z). I would like to have POE ports on the rear as opposed to using a switch. I would also like to have the hard drive already installed (unless it's an easy job to do and is cost effective).

I assume all Dahua NVRs will have IVS and the ability to view via web or mobile. If not, I would like a model that does this.

Also, I don't want to have to use a dedicated computer. Can I simply use a laptop via wifi to setup everything?

Thanks all

toysareforboys

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
8 port PoE NVR: NVR2108HS-8P-4KS2 - Dahua Technology

Does remote view via web and mobile.

For a hard drive I've had really good look with the WD Purple series of hard drives. The NVR I linked supports up to a single 6TB drive.

Super easy to install a hard drive, see page 121 of the user manualor on page 8 of the quick start guide, i.e.:

For IVS looks like you'd need to step up to the PRO series, i.e. NVR5208/5216/5232-8P-4KS2 | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

You can set it up with a laptop on your wifi network, sure, or with a mouse and monitor plugged into the NVR.

Good luck!

-Jamie M.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd like some advice on buying a NVR. I plan on buying 8 Dahua cameras (IPC-HDW5231R-Z). I would like to have POE ports on the rear as opposed to using a switch. I would also like to have the hard drive already installed (unless it's an easy job to do and is cost effective).

I assume all Dahua NVRs will have IVS and the ability to view via web or mobile. If not, I would like a model that does this.

Also, I don't want to have to use a dedicated computer. Can I simply use a laptop via wifi to setup everything?

Thanks all
HI Poolecw,

I have the NVR5216-16p-4ks2 and it works well after updating the firmware to a newer version. Would recommend that as one of your options.

There is a good thread on that model here.