recommend a nest cam alternative

mstarcom

n3wb
Reaction score
Not for security purposes, so I don't need to record. I only need the camera easily viewable via web browser.

Would like to embed the camera in my website. Preferably multiple viewers can watch simultaneously with no login required.

I do not want to install install additional hardware beyond the camera, or run any kind of broadcast software from my PC.

I think Nest Cam can do all this, however I would prefer not to spend $160.

Any recommendations?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not for security purposes, so I don't need to record. I only need the camera easily viewable via web browser.

Would like to embed the camera in my website. Preferably multiple viewers can watch simultaneously with no login required.

I do not want to install install additional hardware beyond the camera, or run any kind of broadcast software from my PC.

I think Nest Cam can do all this, however I would prefer not to spend $160.

Any recommendations?
Welcome @mstarcom

Please do see the cliff notes in the wiki as well as use the search function in the upper right corner of this website.

iirc - search for "youtube camera streaming" if you wish to stream to youtube.

most good IP cameras can do what you are looking for.

Currently a lot of us like the low light Dahua OEM 2MP starlight camera models for many of our needs. So do a search here on "review" in titles and check out the numerous reviews members have been posting here.