Recommendation for 3 cameras with NVR

brownsdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to replace 3 cameras that are mounted along the roof line of my house that provide wide field birds eye views of the front, side and back yard of my house. They are about 10+ years old Panasonic models that came with the house and are PoE with wiring already run. They are all mounted roughly 25 feet high. I have the nest ecosystem for 2 doorbells, an outdoor camera over the pool (mainly for motion alerts for safety purposes) and a basement camera to monitor the kids.

I was hoping to replace these with newer better models and a more easy to use plug and play NVR that has app alerts for my phone and can possibly be easily viewed with my Google home system.

Does this exist? I'm not experienced enough to be building my own system like many of you, which is why I'd like something that is easy to set up with my existing wiring. I've read about the lorex sets being sold at Costco, which sound like what I'm looking for in terms of ease of use and setup but all come with 6-8 cameras. I've also resd some negative reviews on here about them.

Is there an "a la carte" way to get a NVR that's easy to set up and use and buy the individual cameras that I need that will work for what I'm looking for? I wouldn't mind a set that came with 4 cameras, as I could try and wire the extra one to cover an area of the house that isn't already covered, or put it at a lower height to more accurately catch faces in the driveway.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to replace 3 cameras that are mounted along the roof line of my house that provide wide field birds eye views of the front, side and back yard of my house. They are about 10+ years old Panasonic models that came with the house and are PoE with wiring already run. They are all mounted roughly 25 feet high. I have the nest ecosystem for 2 doorbells, an outdoor camera over the pool (mainly for motion alerts for safety purposes) and a basement camera to monitor the kids.

I was hoping to replace these with newer better models and a more easy to use plug and play NVR that has app alerts for my phone and can possibly be easily viewed with my Google home system.

Does this exist? I'm not experienced enough to be building my own system like many of you, which is why I'd like something that is easy to set up with my existing wiring. I've read about the lorex sets being sold at Costco, which sound like what I'm looking for in terms of ease of use and setup but all come with 6-8 cameras. I've also resd some negative reviews on here about them.

Is there an "a la carte" way to get a NVR that's easy to set up and use and buy the individual cameras that I need that will work for what I'm looking for? I wouldn't mind a set that came with 4 cameras, as I could try and wire the extra one to cover an area of the house that isn't already covered, or put it at a lower height to more accurately catch faces in the driveway.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Welcome @brownsdawg

See the welcome message from SouthernYankee... he has a good list of models to consider, many of which you can find extensive reviews by members.