recommendation for an outdoor cam

milamber

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for a 2.8mm outdoor cam, my house is at a corner so I'm thinking of installing it on the corner end so I can get a good view of the surrounding, thing to note is that 5m away there's a lamp post that illuminates the surrounding during the night so I'm not sure if that will affect the cam's IR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for a 2.8mm outdoor cam, my house is at a corner so I'm thinking of installing it on the corner end so I can get a good view of the surrounding, thing to note is that 5m away there's a lamp post that illuminates the surrounding during the night so I'm not sure if that will affect the cam's IR?
Hikvision 2332 turret with 2.8mm lens.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What were you planning to do for storage of video and pictures? NVR, NAS or on board camera storage?

milamber

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, will check that out :)

nzip, I'm using Synology NAS and surveillance at the moment

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

maspirault

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the biggest difference between the DS-2cd2232 and the DS-2cd2T32

I'm also looking for an outdoor camera

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd stick with the 3MP for now, as they are quite a lot cheaper than the 4 MP.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are very similar. Outside of any possible IR reflection issues the dome should function similarly; same sensor and what not.
I'll have to take mine down and test it outside to see what on earth the issue could be. But inside my garage, the performance is subpar compared to the 2032.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 for sticking to 3MP and +1 for 2332 over 2132. It really is better unless you need it to be vandal-proof.