Recommendation for wireless IP Cam

Meltz

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently my car has been getting vandalized so I decided to get into survelliance however it is all still very new to me. I am currently renting my house so I did not want to get a hard wire surveillance system. I am wanting a good quailty camera that is wireless. I will be setting this in my window of my house to watch my car and the front yard.

I rushed into it and ordered a foscam fi9831w a week or so ago from Walmart online however I do have 90 days to return it if I am unsatisfied. So far I have been using BI with it with motion and continuous recording to an external HD connected to my desktop computer, I just hate the fact I have to leave my desktop and software running to record footage.

Was this a good first cam for my purpose of catching the vandalizes and anything else that may happen or is there a better camera option? I am open to any suggestions/comments as I am still learning.

PS. I have been seeing a lot about Hikvision however it looks to be a hard wired system or do they have wireless similar to foscam?

Thank you in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision does have an indoor and out door wireless camera. DS-2CD2432F-IW is the indoor model that would suit your needs. Both the hikvision and foscam can record to internal memory so you dont need to run a pc. I personally do not like foscam at all. Remember if you order the hikvision and are using it wireless you will need to order a separate power supply, which are about $7.

http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_91&products_id=364