Recommendations for 64 channel DVR?

nach00

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to build a system, describe in the following thread:
Looking to convert cheap laptop cameras to POE

After much discussion with other members in this forum, I've decided the best route is to go with analog cameras, using a 64 channel DVR, and connect this box to a PC that can display the cameras using Blue Iris.

Can anybody recommend me a cheapo DVR that I can use for this project? The cheapest that I can find is about $1500! I would like to find one sub $100? I'm not sure if this is even a resasonable expectation. But, as the above mentioned post stated, it will not require high frame rates or resolution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to build a system, describe in the following thread:
Looking to convert cheap laptop cameras to POE

After much discussion with other members in this forum, I've decided the best route is to go with analog cameras, using a 64 channel DVR, and connect this box to a PC that can display the cameras using Blue Iris.

Can anybody recommend me a cheapo DVR that I can use for this project? The cheapest that I can find is about $1500! I would like to find one sub $100? I'm not sure if this is even a resasonable expectation. But, as the above mentioned post stated, it will not require high frame rates or resolution.
You are creating a mess. I think that any dvr you get will have issue streaming all 64 streams at once to blue iris. The bottom line is you dont have enough money for your project. So either forget it or get a job.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After much discussion with other members in this forum, I've decided the best route is to go with analog cameras,
:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:
:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

:rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke::wtf::rofl::lmao::wow::puke:

Um, that's not the advice you were given. You made a grand total of 8 posts and ignored everything people had to say, that ain't "much discussion"

:brainfart:

Since you won't listen to useful advice, I'd suggest you go work in an e-waste recycling facility in india and search for your magical 20 year old dvr and cameras there.

Last edited: