Recommendations for a good Doorbell (POE/IP65)

Anilw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
I'm planning to install a lan based doorbell and need your recomendations.
what i want a POE/IP65 outdoor one (i live near sea) that can connect to wifi chime over my home wifi LAN

the recording facility should be adapted to my NAS drive

Dahua VTO2111D-WP

seems to be a good investment on my requirement, but i need a compatible wifi chime as well.

Can anyone help me with this..
thank you in advance

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a tough question to answer, a lot of the doorbell cameras / intercoms aren't that good or are overpriced
If it uses PoE, you wouldn't need wifi.

Anilw

n3wb
Reaction score
hi tks for the reply.. OK understand the technical limitations.. however, can anyone recommend the following
1. Dahua VTO2111D-WP (Product link)- $85
2. Wifi chime (Product Link) - $8.43

What i want to understand that the above two can be used in paired using my exiting LAN network, (Dahua is not that expensive...)
why i'm looking for POE, (wired connection is better than that battery powered ones) cos then i don't need draw separate power supply.

why i'm looking for a wifi chime (like above link, pluged in), cos then i have the mobility and a simple system. (i don't need to fix a fancy display on a wall, which again demands a separate power supply.)

I guess Dahua VTO2111D-WP is fine with my requirement, i need you support to find a compatible wifi chime for this..

Hope everyone can comment on this.. please..

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems there is not an all round product that meets a wide range of needs, such as intercom, ability to support an LCD, chime, and integration with a home automation system, without need for a special transformer, etc., and all at a reasonable price. I have the Dahua but held off on fitting it hoping a better product would come along. The LTS product seems OK but is out of stock here in the UK.

Edit: There is the HikVision DS-KB6403-WIP but it seems not to work with a chime.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi tks for the reply.. OK understand the technical limitations.. however, can anyone recommend the following
1. Dahua VTO2111D-WP (Product link)- $85
2. Wifi chime (Product Link) - $8.43

What i want to understand that the above two can be used in paired using my exiting LAN network, (Dahua is not that expensive...)
why i'm looking for POE, (wired connection is better than that battery powered ones) cos then i don't need draw separate power supply.

why i'm looking for a wifi chime (like above link, pluged in), cos then i have the mobility and a simple system. (i don't need to fix a fancy display on a wall, which again demands a separate power supply.)

I guess Dahua VTO2111D-WP is fine with my requirement, i need you support to find a compatible wifi chime for this..

Hope everyone can comment on this.. please..
The Dahua VTOs aren't compatible with any thing other than a VTH indoor station. The models that say 802.3af in the power section will work without a VTH and send a notification to your cell phone.

This is their best VTO VTO3211D-P/P2/P4 The specs are inaccurate, someone reported the video is only 720p, but it is better quality than the VTO2111

The DB11 does have a wireless chime, but I wouldn't recommend the DB11. You will be disappointed.

Most homes are already wired with a doorbell wired to a chime. In this type of application the Hikvision doorbell is probably a better choice than the DB11.