Recommendations for camera locations requested

MMcCawley

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

My family is living in Uganda and I am getting ready to install cameras on our compound. Attached is a diagram of our compound (dimensions in feet) and my proposed locations for the cameras. We have the following cameras and I would appreciate recommendations on which cameras you recommend installing at the locations:

Also, if you'd recommend installing the cameras at different locations please feel free to add your input.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI @MMcCawley

I would use the varifocal cameras to focus in on the entrances so that you can get enough pixel density on those locations. 100 ppf is the standard. So a "4K" / 8MP would be about 38.4 feet wide when it is 100 ppf, and a 2MP / 1080P would be 19.2 feet wide.

MMcCawley

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200 . I jumped the gun and forgot to add the locations of the entrances to the house but have now updated the diagram. There is an entrance at the front of the house just to the left of camera location "2" and a second entrance on the bottom left corner of the house (left of camera location "5"). The building on the left is a garage and sleeping quarters for guards. Thanks again!

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200 . I jumped the gun and forgot to add the locations of the entrances to the house but have now updated the diagram. There is an entrance at the front of the house just to the left of camera location "2" and a second entrance on the bottom left corner of the house (left of camera location "5"). The building on the left is a garage and sleeping quarters for guards. Thanks again!
Hi @MMcCawley

Remember to test the positions so that you can get some good ID images of anyone entering. Also, during the testing remember to check WDR settings, due to the sun / shade and skin tones you may need to adjust the settings to get a good image.