Recommendations needed for hikvision dvr and indoor cam with importance of good audio capture

Kingdoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have some hikvisions cams set up by a third party security company a few years ago, but they are difficult to get information from so I’m going to do it myself. I wanted to upgrade one of the dome indoor cams, must be at least 1080p but specifically, I need it to also capture better audio recording then my older one, as currently it doesn’t catch conversations on audio properly at the end of the room which is 6 metres away. Its very weak sound and can be muffled, unless you are standing right under the camera but I need it to work better for conversations from a longer distance, anything between 3-6 metres indoor. It’s a small room of 6 metres long and 4 metres wide. Are any of the newer hikvision cameras with audio going to be better or is there any recommendation on another brand and model of dome or turret camera that works with hikvision dvr that you have come across that can capture audio much better for my needs? I think I have a budget of around £150 but if I have to, I can spend a little more. As I’m not a professional, my budget also won’t allow me to buy a camera and to pay an installer, and I don’t think I’m confident setting up an external microphone or more wiring or extra channels on dvr or anything like that, so I prefer just buying an all in one camera but one that has a very good microphone, preferably one that I can simply exchange the old cam like for like with, utilising the same Ethernet cable so it works out the box. Oh, and I don’t need 2 way, so speaker quality is irrelevant. Many thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I need it to also capture better audio recording then my older one, as currently it doesn’t catch conversations on audio properly at the end of the room which is 6 metres away.
This is kinduv an unusual requirement.
I'm curious - what is the use case?