Recommendations on POE Cameras (outdoor) - NEWBIE to concept

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Like you, I'm new to this. However when ht day is done you get what you pay for. Do it right and be done with it. Why put all that work into a system that's liable to be sub par ?

ShaneHD

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, dont get me wrong. I just wondering if anyone had a newer or cheaper (priced) model since last posted this.

Now I'm forced to do this right. Guardian should be ashamed of what they are trying to push across.

ShaneHD

n3wb
Reaction score
Keep in mind, when I say POE, I need true Ethernet connectivity on the cameras too. That's what I've run to all the points.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
There are lots of cheaper cameras. There are no other cameras close to that price range that perform like that one does. If the budget is anywhere close to 150, then definitely spring the extra 20 bucks for that one. If not, then look for some of the cheaper Dahua turrets in the $70 range on AliExpress but make sure that you budget for a strong external IR Illuminator, power supply, and wiring for each camera to try and bring their performance at night somewhere close to the Starlight turret at 170. Also make sure that you properly match the lens length to the application because the cheap ones are not varifocal.