Recommended BI Mobile App stream quality how to set up in BI4?

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to help of @fendermen I setup my BI web server and iPhone APP. Wanted to get your input on setting up a secondary stream. I'm in the Web server section on my PC, and in advanced see Encoder Profiles 0, 1, 2. Is that the section to select the Local quality feed and also Remote feed? Going into Configure I see Quality, Max Bitrate, ect, what do you recommend for local and remote. I read the help that 1024 for local and 512 remote depending on bandwith. Also, how do I then select that in the BI iPhone App? Is it in the SETTINGS, OPTIONS, at bottom "Encoder Profiles"? I see three options, is that getting the info from my BI PC?

Finally is the web server section totally different from the actual video record section within each camera? I ask because I want to record at best possible quality, but for example if I stream my feed to my wall mounted tablet, I don't necessarily need the best quality, but don't necessarily need "remote" non-LAN quality. Does that make sense?

If I have Fios 50U/50D bandwith, what settings do you recommend?

THANKS!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to help of @fendermen I setup my BI web server and iPhone APP. Wanted to get your input on setting up a secondary stream. I'm in the Web server section on my PC, and in advanced see Encoder Profiles 0, 1, 2. Is that the section to select the Local quality feed and also Remote feed? Going into Configure I see Quality, Max Bitrate, ect, what do you recommend for local and remote. I read the help that 1024 for local and 512 remote depending on bandwith. Also, how do I then select that in the BI iPhone App? Is it in the SETTINGS, OPTIONS, at bottom "Encoder Profiles"? I see three options, is that getting the info from my BI PC?

Finally is the web server section totally different from the actual video record section within each camera? I ask because I want to record at best possible quality, but for example if I stream my feed to my wall mounted tablet, I don't necessarily need the best quality, but don't necessarily need "remote" non-LAN quality. Does that make sense?

If I have Fios 50U/50D bandwith, what settings do you recommend?

THANKS!
webserver settings are only for remote feeds...in the app you can choose the encoder profile you wish to use. 0 is default. Set it to 2048 or 4096, your upload speeds are WAY more than sufficient.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, when I would stream to a tablet, would it require authentication? What Port will it use? and would it be http / https / or / rtsp. Trying to stream it to my android in Imperihome.
use the blue iris mobile app..change the default port to something like 8585..make sure to enter it in the app as well after the ip address like this ipaddress:XXXX