recommended mount for driveway cam

gawws

n3wb
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a mount for a driveway IPC? I was going to get a 5442 Loryta bullet. It would have to either mount on brick or on the 2x4 that the drain spout is attached to.

Driveway_IPC.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're against putting holes in the brick/mortar joints, I'd make a bracket that would attach to the wood and come out and around to the brick surface (pic #3). It would appear to be mounted to the brick face, but not.

You'll have the camera wiring harness to contend with, so it would need a mount box. Where's the Ethernet cable coming from?

gawws

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Ethernet coming up from the right on the other side of that 2x4. I would prefer not to drill into brick; however, I think I will hire an electrician for this one, and if he is adamant I might acquiesce.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Ethernet coming up from the right on the other side of that 2x4. I would prefer not to drill into brick; however, I think I will hire an electrician for this one, and if he is adamant I might acquiesce.
Are you going to run some conduit for the ethernet? If not, UV and weather exposure could cause some problems for you in the long term.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep. So do I need to buy a mounting box at all?
Hi @gawws

I really do like mounting boxes ..

Dahua PFA-121 / PFA-122 currently is my preferred junction box as the bases are the same .. just the lid is different.
( btw Lorex carries those, and with their black friday deal you may find they to be the most cost effective .. otherwise I would try Andy .. )
( update: I would use this if you are running conduit .. )

Also the Dahua PFB203W /PFB204W wall mounts are good - remember to check which one you need.

Last edited: