Record From Camera To NAS View On Blue Iris

Ethrex

n3wb
Reaction score
On one of my cameras I would like to have the camera itself do the recording which it will publish to a NAS as MP4s. I still want to view the live feed of the camera in Blue Iris, but now additionally I want Blue Iris to detect the recordings on the NAS and render them in the user interface as if they were its own. The MP4s are time stamped properly. I couldn't find a way to set up Blue Iris to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On one of my cameras I would like to have the camera itself do the recording which it will publish to a NAS as MP4s. I still want to view the live feed of the camera in Blue Iris, but now additionally I want Blue Iris to detect the recordings on the NAS and render them in the user interface as if they were its own. The MP4s are time stamped properly. I couldn't find a way to set up Blue Iris to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks
You can not do it. Why not have BI record the camera?

Ethrex

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Why not have BI record the camera? Well right now I do. But I am going to try CamioBox (http://www.camio.com/box) and wanted to see what options there were for it. CamioBox currently can record to NAS but there is no viewer experience for those recordings. I was wondering if Blue Iris could provide that experience.

If I reinstall Blue Iris, and point it to my New directory, does Blue Iris still not ingest those files?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Why not have BI record the camera? Well right now I do. But I am going to try CamioBox (http://www.camio.com/box) and wanted to see what options there were for it. CamioBox currently can record to NAS but there is no viewer experience for those recordings. I was wondering if Blue Iris could provide that experience.

If I reinstall Blue Iris, and point it to my New directory, does Blue Iris still not ingest those files?

Thanks
No because the database would not know the file exists until it regenerates.