Record motion without creating an alert?

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you record motion without creating an alert? I'd like to record the motion activity for review later but don't want to receive an alert when motion occurs. thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do you record motion without creating an alert? I'd like to record the motion activity for review later but don't want to receive an alert when motion occurs. thanks
Disable alerts in the cameras alert tab.

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I set fire=never but still getting alerts...is there something else I missed?
Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 8.38.27 PM.png

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and don't have the profiles figured out. I'll work on it and report back tomorrow....Thanks, I appreciate the help!

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After a bit of testing I got the results I wanted. In my case I didn't want to see the alert clips when in the administrator client or for any other user to get an alert so for my situation all that was needed was to unchecked the 'create alert list images when triggered' on the Record tab. I didn't need to set 'Fire when'=Never on the Alerts tab since no alerts had been defined on that tab.

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 4.59.56 AM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After a bit of testing I got the results I wanted. In my case I didn't want to see the alert clips when in the administrator client or for any other user to get an alert so for my situation all that was needed was to unchecked the 'create alert list images when triggered' on the Record tab. I didn't need to set 'Fire when'=Never on the Alerts tab since no alerts had been defined on that tab.

View attachment 10106
That box does not create alert images in the alert folder, it simply does it in the database. If you dont have it checked you wont see motion alerts in the timeline..all you need to do is uncheck store high res photos

crc2004

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
store high res photos wasn't checked?

I guess I'm not using the right lingo or understanding ....I have one camera out of 8 that has infrequent motion that I want to capture for review at a later time. I don't want the motion to trigger an alert or create an alert item in the clips folder. Since the clips created for this one camera all only contain motion I won't need to see the alert tic marks on the timeline. I've included the screen shots of the camera and how I've got it configured. I really appreciate your help and I'm new so sorry if I'm a little slow...

Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.25.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.25.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-21 at 7.25.24 AM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
store high res photos wasn't checked?

I guess I'm not using the right lingo or understanding ....I have one camera out of 8 that has infrequent motion that I want to capture for review at a later time. I don't want the motion to trigger an alert or create an alert item in the clips folder. Since the clips created for this one camera all only contain motion I won't need to see the alert tic marks on the timeline. I've included the screen shots of the camera and how I've got it configured. I really appreciate your help and I'm new so sorry if I'm a little slow...

View attachment 10108View attachment 10109View attachment 10110
The alert is simply a marker..its doesnt take additional storge..but if you dont want it, then you have set it correctly..