Record on motion changes for unknown reason

mnotx

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running a Zavio NVC-2080 NVR paired with Zavio F4215 camera. NVR is set up to record on motion and send push message to iPhone upon detecting motion. Camera connects wirelessly to NVR through strong wireless signal. This setup works perfectly after setting and testing, but returns to full time recording approximately 15 minutes after I leave. Once full time recording begins, push notification no longer works. This condition is repeatable.

NVR is connected to voltage controlled battery backup. No indication of any power surges or momentary loss of power. Anyone have any idea where or what to look for to correct this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where or what to look for to correct this?
If you reboot the NVR before the problem occurs, does the setting 'stick'?
It sounds like a need to assess how good Zavio's tech support is, maybe a bug / flaw in the firmware.
I don't suppose the NVR has any detailed logs that might help?

mnotx

n3wb
Reaction score
Rebooting the NVR does cause it to reset. I replaced the small cr2032 battery which saves settings during power outages. I have tested it while leaving both camera and NVR on and set correctly, but it still reverts to full time recording after a while. I shall check to see if there detailed logs to refer to.