Record time and hot zones

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have had BI for a few years now and have to say it is a great program. I rarely have to make changes but wanted to increase the clip time when it is triggered. Right now it defaults to 5 seconds but is greyed out unless you choose another option. Right now I just have it set to "when triggered" Any suggestions?

The other issue is hotzones or eliminating areas from setting off the motion detector. I have a piece of equipment covered with a tarp and when the wind blows the tarp moves and it triggers it. I know it used to give you an option to mask areas but I can't seem to find out how. I see the "hot spot" but not an option to mask it.
Thought I would refer to the experts.
Thank you and Happy New Year!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have had BI for a few years now and have to say it is a great program. I rarely have to make changes but wanted to increase the clip time when it is triggered. Right now it defaults to 5 seconds but is greyed out unless you choose another option. Right now I just have it set to "when triggered" Any suggestions?

The other issue is hotzones or eliminating areas from setting off the motion detector. I have a piece of equipment covered with a tarp and when the wind blows the tarp moves and it triggers it. I know it used to give you an option to mask areas but I can't seem to find out how. I see the "hot spot" but not an option to mask it.
Thought I would refer to the experts.
Thank you and Happy New Year!
If you mean you want to increase the amount of time it records after a trigger before stopping, that is the break time - that is set in the trigger tab...the options in the record tab are rightfully grayed out as they server a different purpose..see help file.
Blue iris (for a very long time) does not use the mask function, rather you simply select the are you wish to detect motion..if you are using only one zone (zone a) simply delete the areas you dont want covered or clear the zone and select the area you want covered...
I think you are confusing the hot spot with zones...you dont want to use hot spot, its too sensitive.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you mean you want to increase the amount of time it records after a trigger before stopping, that is the break time - that is set in the trigger tab...the options in the record tab are rightfully grayed out as they server a different purpose..see help file.
Blue iris (for a very long time) does not use the mask function, rather you simply select the are you wish to detect motion..if you are using only one zone (zone a) simply delete the areas you dont want covered or clear the zone and select the area you want covered...
I think you are confusing the hot spot with zones...you dont want to use hot spot, its too sensitive.
Thanks Fenderman that is what I needed!