Recorded Clips Disappearing

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You’ve shown the setting for New but your cam is recording to Continuous?

If all the disk space is all local then do as @wittaj has said, don’t move clips around local drives.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First thing is there is no reason to move to a stored folder. Just leave it all in new. BI knows where it is and moving it to Stored simply uses more CPU and more HDD moving it all around and shortening the HDD life.

What size drive do you have? Do you have another HDD for video storage or do you only have the C drive?

Post a screen shot showing clip storage from BI status, similar to this posted elsewhere:

View attachment 111311

Attachments

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 2TB purple drive D: I clicked “Repair DB” and it seemed to help. But still getting green triangles. Pulse all the yellow drive info at bottom of BI screen. I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it is an overallocation - you have assigned more storage to BI than is physically capable.

OK - leave the C drive to just Windows, Blue Iris, and the DB.

Move all the video to the D drive. Allocate 1800GB to it and leave the remainder available for the temp files.

So make a folder called NEW on the D drive and put all the video in that folder. Tell it to delete as the drive gets full - do not do it on # days. Then do not use storage and make that 0.

After you do that, reboot the computer and then select repair DB and that should take care of it. If it doesn't, then you will have to delete the DB folder and let it rebuild.

The yellow caution triangles are not a big deal. Cam 11 lost signal for a moment and Cam3 is pulling ONVIF triggers - not really an error.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, I changed everything to “when triggered” and “New”. The red circle with x is no longer showing. I only have 1 green triangle showing on cam3 “Events: subscription 00002efd” keeps coming up. Looking better. Next will be working on spotter cams. Thanks for all the help

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's best to duplicate the Blue Iris directory structure, BI expects to see that

Directory Blue Iris
Sub Directory New
Sub Directory Alerts

And so on.
So, what your saying is on the D: drive It needs to have folders “BlueIris w/subs New, Alerts, Clips, Log, Stored? Just like on C: drive? And can I delete all the files in C: drive under BlueIris folder except DB?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, basically. You don't need the full directory structure just the ones related to video clips. Be aware that New, Alerts and Stored (I believe Stored) need to be those names exactly. The "aux" directories can be renamed but you need to do that from inside Blue Iris on the tab where you allocate space for them. Leave everything else, log, database and program on the C drive.

directory structure.JPG

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m sure I read in the help file that Alerts is a special system entry and should not be renamed?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, basically. You don't need the full directory structure just the ones related to video clips. Be aware that New, Alerts and Stored (I believe Stored) need to be those names exactly. The "aux" directories can be renamed but you need to do that from inside Blue Iris on the tab where you allocate space for them. Leave everything else, log, database and program on the C drive.

View attachment 111895
Well, the machine seems to be happy. Although, I still don’t thank I have may files proper. And I initially renamed some file names. Now I can’t get rid of them. I took a little of everyone’s suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Renaming files means BI won't touch them since they don't exist in the database. Best to run a repair/regenerate then manually delete them.