Recorded clips sometimes show motion video othertimes are simply a snapshot. Why?

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just installed my first outdoor camera (Hik 2342) and am noticing that sometimes triggers (cars passing by) result in video footage and other times just still image shots.
i'm guessing I have a configuration setting somewhere that is causing this...but no idea what it is.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Recorded clips sometimes show motion video othertimes are simply a snapshot. Why

This seems to be ongoing issue for a lot of people, myself included. The two recommended courses of action (which have not worked for me) are to make sure to set the I-Frame rate the same as the fps in the camera configuration (not in BI). The second suggestion is to uncheck the "use rtsp timestamp" option in BI on the configuration dialog for the camera in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Recorded clips sometimes show motion video othertimes are simply a snapshot. Why

This seems to be ongoing issue for a lot of people, myself included. The two recommended courses of action (which have not worked for me) are to make sure to set the I-Frame rate the same as the fps in the camera configuration (not in BI). The second suggestion is to uncheck the "use rtsp timestamp" option in BI on the configuration dialog for the camera in BI.
You issue is different than the OP. The op must be recording snapshots and video.. @ck42, post a snapshot of your record tab settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Record-Tab.jpg

Is this what you're looking for?