Recording/Alerts Schedule

Diver4242

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm confused by the settings for scheduling of motion recording and alerting. I'm using Blue Iris 3.56 on Windows 7 to control a bunch of home Foscam cameras. When we are home during the day and there is lots of 'normal' activity I'd like certain cameras to not record anything. At night when we are sleeping I would like those to record on motion and alert. When we are away at work or on vacation, I'd like them to record on motion and alert. Then there are a few that I would like to always record on motion, but only alert when we sleeping or away. Can anyone walk me through this? I've been trying to figure it out but unsure sometimes if the schedule is for recording or alerts, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The schedule is for everything, recording, alerts, motion. Think if the schedule as a wall timer with 7 different time period and one inactive. There is a global schedule and an independent camera schedule that can be used to override the global (not needed in your case). Just set the global schedule. Remember, that winthin the presets you also have a an unlimitied amount of presets...so you could set a vacation preset.
So set preset 1 to be you home preset (when you are home) and adjust the time slider accordingly to cover the hours you are home. then go to the cameras that you dont want to record or alert and select preset one from the alter dropdown and disable alerts during preset 1. Then do the same in the record tab. Do this for each camera.
Then select preset 2 to be your away preset and adjust the time slider for the hours you are away. Then make sure to enable alerts and recording for preset 2. You must select the right preset from the dropdown in the alerts tab as well as record tab.

Another way to manage alerts and or recording is by using the traffic signal....this is only for manual operation of recording or alerts. go to options and then the "other" tab. under traffic signal, if you select disable alerts then alerts will be disabled when the traffic light is red. This way you can manually manage alerts and or recording via your phone app.

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello. Please pardon the newbie question but I can't seem to find the answer yet. I am a recovering Dropcam user (anybody want to buy 3 Dropcam HD's?). I have unplugged 2 of my 3 Dropcams and replaced them with 3 Foscam 9831P cameras. I also have 2 Panasonic BB-HCM381A netcams. I am using the Foscam app on my PC when home (though it doesn't work with the BB's) and IP Cam Viewer on my Android phone and tablet (works with all cams).

Here goes: I have just upgraded BI four times in the past week and an running the most current version, but can't figure out how to temporarily disable alerts REMOTELY. For example, when I am not at home and my house cleaner shows up, I don't want alerts every 5 minutes. Does BI have that functionality? Thanks for your consideration.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@mrvelous01 Welcome to the forum! Hopefully we can also get you off the foscam's as well...but for the time being they will do :)
Blue iris can do exactly what you need. To do this remotely you need to buy the blue iris mobile app.
It the traffic signal...go to blue iris options> other> traffic signal
Now uncheck everything EXCEPT disable alerts...
Now when the traffic signal is RED alerts will be disabled...

You can also set up a profile that mimics your standard profile except for alerts..then when the cleaner comes over, you can override the schedule for the one that has no alerts..if you set the temporary profile time limit (blue iris options> schedule) to say 30 minuets.. it will automatically revert after 30 minuets..

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. Now I just have to figure out external access and whether or not I should purchase the BI Android app. I really don't need another camera "viewing" app as the "IP Cam Viewer" Android app works just fine for my purposes. But I would like to have my cameras record upon audio detection, send me an alert (txt/sms), and be able to review the attached picture or avi file. Then I also want to take archived alert footage and upload it either to Dropbox or my webserver. Any thoughts? Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The blue iris app is much more than a viewing app...you can review recorded footage, receive push notification, change profiles, traffic signal, view logs and cpu use...its well worth 10 dollars.