Recording duration after trigger

smiffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to tweak my settings to record for longer duration after a trigger event.

I recently had a trailer stolen from my driveway. The trigger event kept the pre-trigger video as you can see the car drive up to my property before entering the hot spot area, but as the theif spent ten minutes trying to attach a trailer to car without a tow bar the video doesn't show him driving away.

The video exported from BI is here:

so you can see a first hand a couple of jumps in the recording.

What should I be changin to record this entire event?

thanks

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
DE51YKK. That looks to be the plate number. You caught the fucker. Frame by frame and check it when he first pulls in. Good luck.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pretty good for it not being HD. I don't understand people like that, it's bad enough he put a Mercedes logo on this old previous generation Smart Car, but to tow a trailer with a Smart car, how is that even possible, especially the old ones that used golf cart wheels and motors.

smiffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - digger11 - Does this need to be high or low? I'm currently on 5 seconds.

Sorry should have said that the bloke has been arrested and remanded in custody until 1st July when he's scheduled to appear in the Crown Court. Police are very happy with the CCTV evidence, as he'd been on a jolly stealing from several properties in the local area.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks - digger11 - Does this need to be high or low? I'm currently on 5 seconds.
Basically it acts as a timer to tell Blue Iris how long to continue recording after it stops detecting motion. If additional motion is detected during that time, Blue Iris continues to record, and restarts the timer again once motion detection ends. I've got it set to 90 seconds for my camera that covers the driveway.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good capture! Not tack sharp or HD, but enough detail to get positive identification.

Hope every victim gets full restitution.

Was he driving his personal car? Or a stolen vehicle? Because I'd say that's a rather unique smart with two silver stripes and benz logo tacked on ...