Recording is "ripped" like fast-forwarding an old VHS

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running the latest BI on a Surface I Pro, 5 cameras of different make/model. I am also using the rear camera on the surface, set up as a USB cam in BI.

While I can view the USB cam fine, recently, I've noticed that all recordings are "ripped" with a similar effect as if one was to fast-forward an old VHS player. It is only happening with this camera. And only in recordings. The live view and snap shots are fine. All recording settings are the same as the other cams... all defaults, using the BI container.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the camera and it had no effect. I didn't pay much attention to know when it started doing this, so it may be tied to a BI update or a Win update.(?) But, it used to record fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mrtechman

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of what I get with recordings for this one camera. All others work correctly. And, this one used to. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what are your 'video format' settings for recording?
(accessed in camera properties/ record / video formats button)
post a screen shot...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
well, if it worked before and it doesn't work now, and you didn't change anything, i'd contact BI support...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
well, if it worked before and it doesn't work now, and you didn't change anything, i'd contact BI support...
From the help file,
These folders do not need to be located on the same hard drive or PC as the database. Note however, that if you are running Blue Iris as a service, you may not be able to use the "LocalSystem" account if your Stored clips folder is located on a network drive; instead, you must use a named user account, and give that account rights to the network resource.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't see how that could affect the 'FF VHS' video effect the OP is experiencing.
meant for a different thread, maybe? been there, done that... :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see how that could affect the 'FF VHS' video effect the OP is experiencing.
meant for a different thread, maybe? been there, done that... :)
Sorry, posted in wrong thread.