Recording on DS-2CD2622FWD-IZS doesn't work.

taktaktak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I am using a DS-2CD2622FWD-IZS.
Unfortunately the recording of the live stream doesn't work. When I open the livestream on http://CameraIP/doc/page/preview.asp I can see the live stream. When I click on the camera icon, it'll show a red camera and when I click again it says that the recording was sucessful and saved. Anyway, the saving directory does not exist.
In the configuration menu I also tried other directories and it's always the same error. It never creates the video file, same with the snapshot function for pictures.

I am using Firmware Version V.5.4.1 build 160907
and Web-Version V4.0.1 build 160405

Thanks for help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway, the saving directory does not exist.
In the configuration menu I also tried other directories and it's always the same error. It never creates the video file, same with the snapshot function for pictures.
These will exist - just not where you configured them to be.
Windows doesn't trust IE11 enough to write the data to the specified location, so it has 'sandboxed' it in a virtualised temporary location in a hidden folder of your user profile. This location is hidden from search as well, with the default 'show files' settings.

It can be pretty hard to find this virtualised store - so it's better to add the camera IP address to IE11 'Trusted Sites', which will normally fix this condition.
Also, as an experiment, you could try running IE11 'as administrator' which will allow it to write files anywhere.