Recordings disappear constantly

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Since it isn't going to show them as thumbnail alerts, consider moving them out and starting over?
I left everything as-is and started the process at 2:26 and it is at 88% complete.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
And some obnoxious amount of time later, it's all back.

102,000 clips.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OMG that took forever.

Are you saving as periodic and each or something crazy to have that many LOL

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got back to the computer, so it could have finished some time ago.

I save in 30 min clips.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So since all the images in the Alerts folder were moved and the thumbnails gone, add up how many BVR files you have and it should be close to that number. If not, there is something else going on.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If it helps, I'm on the very latest available version of BI 5.7.5.5 and I have had no issues so far although it maybe too early to tell for definite. I upgraded only to try to rid myself of previous issues.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
What was the yellow font alert showing an overallocation of 38 Terabytes? perhaps you added one too many zero's to that box?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This, kids, is why you don't mess with things.
Just as a consolement: This is how you learn new things... It is just anoying and takes time, but when the dust settles, you have acquired some new insights. And you wish you had them earlier.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
So since all the images in the Alerts folder were moved and the thumbnails gone, add up how many BVR files you have and it should be close to that number. If not, there is something else going on.
Other than having lost the Alerts, everything seems normal. I can go back and the 30 minute clips are there for that day. I even gained back some that I had lost prior to deleting and repairing.

I will likely repair/regen later today to see if it takes the normal few minutes like before.
What was the yellow font alert showing an overallocation of 38 Terabytes? perhaps you added one too many zero's to that box?
I have a 44TB HDD array, that number was accurate.
Just as a consolement: This is how you learn new things... It is just annoying and takes time, but when the dust settles, you have acquired some new insights. And you wish you had them earlier.
It was a learning experience, for sure. Next time I won't panic when it wants to take so long to regen.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am still having issues and just needed to regen/repair again to see my LPR Alerts inside of BI.