Recordings only viewable for 10 seconds

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using blue iris for several years. I just built a new PC for blue iris only. Intel i7 4.0 Ghz Quad core. Asus motherboard, intel 500 Gb m2 onboard ssd drive, 16 Gb ram. Running win10Pro. Everything went smoothly using the export import feature, it was a breeze, no need to reset everything up. My daughters car down the street, war entered and her pocketbook stolen. So I started looking at all my recordings to see if I caught something. To my surprise, the clips and all my recordings will only play for 10-12 seconds and then the picture will stop. the ball on the slide that shows where you are in the video will still move across the screen, but the timer and video are frozen. So now I'm wondering if I have some settings wrong or what. I have some older foscam cameras and a couple newer HD Wbox cameras. hence the new updated machine, so I could move to the mega pixel HD cameras. Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using blue iris for several years. I just built a new PC for blue iris only. Intel i7 4.0 Ghz Quad core. Asus motherboard, intel 500 Gb m2 onboard ssd drive, 16 Gb ram. Running win10Pro. Everything went smoothly using the export import feature, it was a breeze, no need to reset everything up. My daughters car down the street, war entered and her pocketbook stolen. So I started looking at all my recordings to see if I caught something. To my surprise, the clips and all my recordings will only play for 10-12 seconds and then the picture will stop. the ball on the slide that shows where you are in the video will still move across the screen, but the timer and video are frozen. So now I'm wondering if I have some settings wrong or what. I have some older foscam cameras and a couple newer HD Wbox cameras. hence the new updated machine, so I could move to the mega pixel HD cameras. Anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance
post your record tab and motion tab settings...

AstroIROC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok cool, TY I did read the help section, but didn't understand it much. I was understanding that when set to triggered + continuous, combined with the cut video when triggered, that the recordings would cut and start a new recording when triggered? When set to continuous will I still get clips when triggered Thanks again